Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

Interviews at Grand Canyon University

2.8

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Interview

Interviewers were unprepared. Didn't know how to interview me and took 5 mins during the beginning of the interview to go over the process. Although I was told there was multiple positions that were available, what they do not tell you is that you are ONLY interviewing for one slot per the supervisors that were assigned to interview you. So if they do not like you for their slot, you are not hired.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex situation you have had to deal with in your last position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly. She took me to a room to meet the two military managers that were going to interview us but they were late. It was awkward and after a while the recruiter had to go find them.. twice.. before they came to meet us for our scheduled appointment. When we walked in they seemed quite friendly at first. One of the interviewers was very nice and more open but she kept looking to the other one for what to ask and how to react to my answers. The other one that was in there asked questions did not smile one time and she stared straight ahead at me, almost without blinking. She almost looked angry. It was clearly uncomfortable to myself and to the other manager in the room. At one point she asked me to review my resume and I went over the first job and looked up to see if she had questions or wanted me to continue. She smacked her copy of the resume and said "I said to go over your entire resume!". The way she said it was rude and it was as if she was talking to someone that was way beneath her. It was more of an interrogation interview from her. If she wasn't staring, she was writing, with very big writing. Not one time was there a level of comfort in the room and it was obvious that she intimidated the other manager in the room as well. It was one of the worst interviews I have had. She is a manager only interviewing, not an officer interrogating a criminal, yet that is what it felt like. There is no way she is going to really know a potential employee if interviewees are facing interviewers such as that. When GCU is doing interviews, they need to find someone that is better suited to doing that and actually getting a potential employee to really share what they have to offer instead of trying to "show them who's boss".
    Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Easy interview. Enjoyed the process. Really casual and laid back lots of scenario based questions. Hard to find the entrance of the building. Great atmosphere. Interviewed by two managers, and they had pre prepared questions ready to ask.Easy interview. Enjoyed the process. Really casual and laid back lots of scenario based questions. Hard to find the entrance of the building. Great atmosphere. Interviewed by two managers, and they had pre prepared questions ready to ask.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The process took about a week. I was emailed for a phone interview, then asked to come in for a interview. I received an offer the next day. The questions were behavioral based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly inane. They responded to my resume, and asked me to respond to their email to set a time for a phone interview. They called as scheduled. The interviewer was polite and friendly. She was thorough in her description and responsibilities of the position and asked several times if I was still interested after she finished her notes. They spent a great deal of time going over my resume, position by position

Interview Questions

• Could you handle making 80-100 outbound calls a day to prospective on-line students and still maintain effective communications via email, inbound calls, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Peoria, AZ).

Interview

All I can say is joke! I came into this process with awesome qualifications. I went through all the 3 interviews, which included a phone interview, met with the talent agent, and sat in front of 4 managers. I felt I answered each question with precision, but it ended up being a waste of time. This university is looking for robotic minds, who will simply be happy sitting behind a desk, and not taking on people with character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took five days. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was scheduled for an in-person interview the following day. Three days later I received an email regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview Questions:
      - How did you hear about this position?
      - Why do you want this job?
      - What makes you a great fit for this job?
      - What would your co-workers say about you?

In-Person Interview: STAR Method Questions:
      - Tell us about a time when you provided exceptional customer service.
      - Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a conflict within your team.
      - Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview with hiring manager to ensure proper fit. Afterwards, a formal in-person interview is scheduled. Interview consisted of two dept managers and hr manager. Start off one by one shooting off questions in a rehearsed manner. They all seemed very interested in prior similar experience and education. Next, comes the common interview questions. Finally, candidate is grilled on how many sales goals they have previously accomplished. GCU's call volume "quota" one needs to reach an hour (min. of 40 outbound calls) is thoroughly explained. I felt strongly about this company at first since they are a very reputable and respected Christian institution. Also, the starting pay can't be beat ($40K), especially for someone w/o a degree. The last 15 minutes of interview discouraged me a great deal! I rather not be employed as a parrot reciting a script in a stressful,high paced and sales based call center disguised as an university.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to spend your entire shift on the phone? What were some of your sale goals and numbers reached from your previous employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, the next step was an in office interview. I first met with the talent specialist who set up the phone interview and she asked me several questions about why I wanted to work for them, etc. After that I was taken to a conference room and had another interview that was conducted by two managers. The managers had great personalities which helped to calm some of the nervousness most of us experience with an interview. They asked me about my work history on my resume. They also asked several S.T.A.R. Method questions.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. Used the STAR interview technique on the phone and then had an in person interview with three other people. Lasted about an hour and got the job the next day. Easy and peaceful process