Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty simple process. They called for a phone screening and then scheduled an in-person interview. The in-person interview was about 45 minutes to an hour of STAAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time that you had to help someone over the phone.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Had a one-on-one interview with a manager and he made the recommendation for my employment. Received the offer call from Human Resources and started training a week after interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I relate to students and getting them motivated to start school   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

This is probably one of the worst interview processes I have ever been through. So to make this clear from the begging, I applied for this job technically twice. The first time I applied I just graduated in December and was looking for a job. I did not hear anything from them until late march just putting my application off for almost 4 months when I was getting interviews daily. Once the 4 months hit I decided to just interview for the heck of it because you get free masters tuition which is a lot of money if you take advantage of this. The first problem I encountered was we set up a time for a phone interview where the recruiter never even called me but said I was a good candidate and wanted to get me to the next step without even calling me. the next problem was I told the recruiter that the job I had would not allow me any time off as early as the next few days because that is just rude to my current employer to take the next day off for a job interview. They did not understand this and pushed for me to commit to a time to interview in person. I of course did not have an in person interview this time. A couple of months go by and I decided to apply to a different division because I want free tuition and was actually quitting my job I had currently and which I landed yet another interview, for the same position. I go to the interview and they tell me they have this weird style of interviewing where they ask entirely behavioral questions and based on that you get the job. The problem with this is that in all honesty this is an inside sales cold calling position and I have been in sales for about 2 years which I would be plenty more qualified than most recent college graduates. through out the interview I could tell I was not what they were looking for and at one point one of the managers started to write something down and shake his head almost in disappointment. I am not mad I didnt get the job because in all honesty I hate GCU very much with a passion and do not recommend this place to work for or to go to school but if you are going to get free masters tuition then shoot who can pass that up.

Interview Questions

• I dont remember any interview questions unfortunately. Just know they are ALL behavioral   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Indeed about the position. I responded and she sent me the link to the online application and told me to send her an email when I completed it. I was emailed the next day by someone in HR to do a phone interview. Before concluding the phone interview she invited me for an in person interview the following week. After my interview with the HR manager I had another interview with 2 team managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you had to learn a complex system.
      Tell me about a time you had a to deal with a customer who wasn't sure what they wanted.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate pay. It is not negotiable.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in October 2015.

Interview

Interview with a person from human resources asking a lot of situational questions. Got called back in for another interview with hiring managers. They asked the same kind of questions. Got an email three days later that I did not get chosen for the position but that they would like me to interview for a different division, same position. I agreed and had another interview with a different set of hiring managers. Interview was the same as previous two interviews - behavioral/situational questions only. At the end of the interview the managers asked each other what dates they were even hiring for and had to ask me.

After 4 days of not hearing back about my interview I inquired. Another 4 days later I finally got an email back that I was not chosen for the position.

Application

Interview

The process took about a week. I was emailed for a phone interview, then asked to come in for a interview. I received an offer the next day. The questions were behavioral based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Peoria, AZ).

Interview

All I can say is joke! I came into this process with awesome qualifications. I went through all the 3 interviews, which included a phone interview, met with the talent agent, and sat in front of 4 managers. I felt I answered each question with precision, but it ended up being a waste of time. This university is looking for robotic minds, who will simply be happy sitting behind a desk, and not taking on people with character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly inane. They responded to my resume, and asked me to respond to their email to set a time for a phone interview. They called as scheduled. The interviewer was polite and friendly. She was thorough in her description and responsibilities of the position and asked several times if I was still interested after she finished her notes. They spent a great deal of time going over my resume, position by position

Interview Questions

• Could you handle making 80-100 outbound calls a day to prospective on-line students and still maintain effective communications via email, inbound calls, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, the next step was an in office interview. I first met with the talent specialist who set up the phone interview and she asked me several questions about why I wanted to work for them, etc. After that I was taken to a conference room and had another interview that was conducted by two managers. The managers had great personalities which helped to calm some of the nervousness most of us experience with an interview. They asked me about my work history on my resume. They also asked several S.T.A.R. Method questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took five days. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was scheduled for an in-person interview the following day. Three days later I received an email regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview Questions:
      - How did you hear about this position?
      - Why do you want this job?
      - What makes you a great fit for this job?
      - What would your co-workers say about you?

In-Person Interview: STAR Method Questions:
      - Tell us about a time when you provided exceptional customer service.
      - Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a conflict within your team.
      - Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with an angry customer.
      Answer Question