Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty simple process. They called for a phone screening and then scheduled an in-person interview. The in-person interview was about 45 minutes to an hour of STAAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time that you had to help someone over the phone.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Had a one-on-one interview with a manager and he made the recommendation for my employment. Received the offer call from Human Resources and started training a week after interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I relate to students and getting them motivated to start school   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Indeed about the position. I responded and she sent me the link to the online application and told me to send her an email when I completed it. I was emailed the next day by someone in HR to do a phone interview. Before concluding the phone interview she invited me for an in person interview the following week. After my interview with the HR manager I had another interview with 2 team managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you had to learn a complex system.
      Tell me about a time you had a to deal with a customer who wasn't sure what they wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate pay. It is not negotiable.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in October 2015.

Interview

Interview with a person from human resources asking a lot of situational questions. Got called back in for another interview with hiring managers. They asked the same kind of questions. Got an email three days later that I did not get chosen for the position but that they would like me to interview for a different division, same position. I agreed and had another interview with a different set of hiring managers. Interview was the same as previous two interviews - behavioral/situational questions only. At the end of the interview the managers asked each other what dates they were even hiring for and had to ask me.

After 4 days of not hearing back about my interview I inquired. Another 4 days later I finally got an email back that I was not chosen for the position.

Application

Interview

The process took about a week. I was emailed for a phone interview, then asked to come in for a interview. I received an offer the next day. The questions were behavioral based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Peoria, AZ).

Interview

All I can say is joke! I came into this process with awesome qualifications. I went through all the 3 interviews, which included a phone interview, met with the talent agent, and sat in front of 4 managers. I felt I answered each question with precision, but it ended up being a waste of time. This university is looking for robotic minds, who will simply be happy sitting behind a desk, and not taking on people with character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly inane. They responded to my resume, and asked me to respond to their email to set a time for a phone interview. They called as scheduled. The interviewer was polite and friendly. She was thorough in her description and responsibilities of the position and asked several times if I was still interested after she finished her notes. They spent a great deal of time going over my resume, position by position

Interview Questions

• Could you handle making 80-100 outbound calls a day to prospective on-line students and still maintain effective communications via email, inbound calls, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, the next step was an in office interview. I first met with the talent specialist who set up the phone interview and she asked me several questions about why I wanted to work for them, etc. After that I was taken to a conference room and had another interview that was conducted by two managers. The managers had great personalities which helped to calm some of the nervousness most of us experience with an interview. They asked me about my work history on my resume. They also asked several S.T.A.R. Method questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took five days. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was scheduled for an in-person interview the following day. Three days later I received an email regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview Questions:
      - How did you hear about this position?
      - Why do you want this job?
      - What makes you a great fit for this job?
      - What would your co-workers say about you?

In-Person Interview: STAR Method Questions:
      - Tell us about a time when you provided exceptional customer service.
      - Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a conflict within your team.
      - Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly. She took me to a room to meet the two military managers that were going to interview us but they were late. It was awkward and after a while the recruiter had to go find them.. twice.. before they came to meet us for our scheduled appointment. When we walked in they seemed quite friendly at first. One of the interviewers was very nice and more open but she kept looking to the other one for what to ask and how to react to my answers. The other one that was in there asked questions did not smile one time and she stared straight ahead at me, almost without blinking. She almost looked angry. It was clearly uncomfortable to myself and to the other manager in the room. At one point she asked me to review my resume and I went over the first job and looked up to see if she had questions or wanted me to continue. She smacked her copy of the resume and said "I said to go over your entire resume!". The way she said it was rude and it was as if she was talking to someone that was way beneath her. It was more of an interrogation interview from her. If she wasn't staring, she was writing, with very big writing. Not one time was there a level of comfort in the room and it was obvious that she intimidated the other manager in the room as well. It was one of the worst interviews I have had. She is a manager only interviewing, not an officer interrogating a criminal, yet that is what it felt like. There is no way she is going to really know a potential employee if interviewees are facing interviewers such as that. When GCU is doing interviews, they need to find someone that is better suited to doing that and actually getting a potential employee to really share what they have to offer instead of trying to "show them who's boss".
    Thank you.