Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 179 interviews

Campus Recruiting9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ)

Interview

This was a long time ago, but the interview process was typical. You start with an HR phone interview, then they ask you to come in person. The in person interview was with two managers that asked the typical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself and why should we hire you.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in Mar 2019

Interview

Basic questions - the word sales was mentioned which I did not like. If you enjoy sales, then this is a good place to get experience with heavy volume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in Jun 2017

Interview

They contacted me after a week of submitting my application. I did a phone interview, it was more detailed than I thought it would be although I thought it went well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in Jun 2016

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. Sit down with 2-4 team leads that are hiring for their teams. Place is a glorified call center when you get down to it.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of "What would you do in ___ situation" type questions.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in Apr 2016

Interview

It was a pretty simple process. They called for a phone screening and then scheduled an in-person interview. The in-person interview was about 45 minutes to an hour of STAAR questions.

Interview Questions
  • Give us a time that you had to help someone over the phone.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

Had a one-on-one interview with a manager and he made the recommendation for my employment. Received the offer call from Human Resources and started training a week after interview.

Interview Questions
  • How do I relate to students and getting them motivated to start school
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in Feb 2016

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Indeed about the position. I responded and she sent me the link to the online application and told me to send her an email when I completed it. I was emailed the next day by someone in HR to do a phone interview. Before concluding the phone interview she invited me for an in person interview the following week. After my interview with the HR manager I had another interview with 2 team managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time you had to learn a complex system. Tell me about a time you had a to deal with a customer who wasn't sure what they wanted.

Grand Canyon University

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in Oct 2015

Interview

Interview with a person from human resources asking a lot of situational questions. Got called back in for another interview with hiring managers. They asked the same kind of questions. Got an email three days later that I did not get chosen for the position but that they would like me to interview for a different division, same position. I agreed and had another interview with a different set of hiring managers. Interview was the same as previous two interviews - behavioral/situational questions only. At the end of the interview the managers asked each other what dates they were even hiring for and had to ask me. After 4 days of not hearing back about my interview I inquired. Another 4 days later I finally got an email back that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

The process took about a week. I was emailed for a phone interview, then asked to come in for a interview. I received an offer the next day. The questions were behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Peoria, AZ)

Interview

All I can say is joke! I came into this process with awesome qualifications. I went through all the 3 interviews, which included a phone interview, met with the talent agent, and sat in front of 4 managers. I felt I answered each question with precision, but it ended up being a waste of time. This university is looking for robotic minds, who will simply be happy sitting behind a desk, and not taking on people with character.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interviews