Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in October 2015.

Interview

Interview with a person from human resources asking a lot of situational questions. Got called back in for another interview with hiring managers. They asked the same kind of questions. Got an email three days later that I did not get chosen for the position but that they would like me to interview for a different division, same position. I agreed and had another interview with a different set of hiring managers. Interview was the same as previous two interviews - behavioral/situational questions only. At the end of the interview the managers asked each other what dates they were even hiring for and had to ask me.

After 4 days of not hearing back about my interview I inquired. Another 4 days later I finally got an email back that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Peoria, AZ).

Interview

All I can say is joke! I came into this process with awesome qualifications. I went through all the 3 interviews, which included a phone interview, met with the talent agent, and sat in front of 4 managers. I felt I answered each question with precision, but it ended up being a waste of time. This university is looking for robotic minds, who will simply be happy sitting behind a desk, and not taking on people with character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly inane. They responded to my resume, and asked me to respond to their email to set a time for a phone interview. They called as scheduled. The interviewer was polite and friendly. She was thorough in her description and responsibilities of the position and asked several times if I was still interested after she finished her notes. They spent a great deal of time going over my resume, position by position

Interview Questions

• Could you handle making 80-100 outbound calls a day to prospective on-line students and still maintain effective communications via email, inbound calls, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took five days. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was scheduled for an in-person interview the following day. Three days later I received an email regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview Questions:
      - How did you hear about this position?
      - Why do you want this job?
      - What makes you a great fit for this job?
      - What would your co-workers say about you?

In-Person Interview: STAR Method Questions:
      - Tell us about a time when you provided exceptional customer service.
      - Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a conflict within your team.
      - Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly. She took me to a room to meet the two military managers that were going to interview us but they were late. It was awkward and after a while the recruiter had to go find them.. twice.. before they came to meet us for our scheduled appointment. When we walked in they seemed quite friendly at first. One of the interviewers was very nice and more open but she kept looking to the other one for what to ask and how to react to my answers. The other one that was in there asked questions did not smile one time and she stared straight ahead at me, almost without blinking. She almost looked angry. It was clearly uncomfortable to myself and to the other manager in the room. At one point she asked me to review my resume and I went over the first job and looked up to see if she had questions or wanted me to continue. She smacked her copy of the resume and said "I said to go over your entire resume!". The way she said it was rude and it was as if she was talking to someone that was way beneath her. It was more of an interrogation interview from her. If she wasn't staring, she was writing, with very big writing. Not one time was there a level of comfort in the room and it was obvious that she intimidated the other manager in the room as well. It was one of the worst interviews I have had. She is a manager only interviewing, not an officer interrogating a criminal, yet that is what it felt like. There is no way she is going to really know a potential employee if interviewees are facing interviewers such as that. When GCU is doing interviews, they need to find someone that is better suited to doing that and actually getting a potential employee to really share what they have to offer instead of trying to "show them who's boss".
    Thank you.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Interview

Interviewers were unprepared. Didn't know how to interview me and took 5 mins during the beginning of the interview to go over the process. Although I was told there was multiple positions that were available, what they do not tell you is that you are ONLY interviewing for one slot per the supervisors that were assigned to interview you. So if they do not like you for their slot, you are not hired.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex situation you have had to deal with in your last position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

The recruiter seemed confused as originally she was considering me for a different position. She asked me to email her with 3 dates and times I would be available for an interview. She didn't get back to me for a couple of days and then it was only to tell me that that position had been filled and would I be interested in the enrollment counselor position. I said yes, and once again she asked me for 3 dates and times I would be available for an interview. We scheduled a time for the following Monday.

Later that day, she said she would prefer to have me do an in-person interview rather than a phone screen and asked me again to set an interview time. I reminded her of the time we had already set and we decided to use that time. I showed up on Monday and she asked me questions that were basically a phone-screen interview rather than a formal interview. She mentioned that I would be hearing from them the next day to schedule an interview with the hiring manager.

She also mentioned salary very early in the conversation. She wanted to know my salary history and was concerned that I might not be happy with the salary they were offering, which was not negotiable.

I never did hear back to schedule the next interview, and follow up messages have not been returned.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions whatsoever.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

horrible. a panel of waannabes. Muslims and other people with Education as far as High School asking irrelevant questions based on realistic scenarios from previous experiences at home and at other jobs.

Interview Questions

• what where you doing at your previous job, state what you do all day since you wake up.
      what hobbies you have. Can you spell the word " idiosyncrasy"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

2 phone interviews about 5 months after I applied. They then scheduled a face to face in a hotel room with 3! people. One middle aged man, one very young hip sales person type, and one very foreign Eastern European man who was very sick or something since he was snorting the entire interview.

Interview started normally, then the young sales hipster asked me if I like sports. Yes. What sport is your favorite? Football. Do you play fantasy football? Yes. Well, pretend like us 3 have never heard about fantasy football at all.....Sell us on it. SIGH. Yup, that was the first question. Once my answer was done, the very European West Coast manager asked me in VERY broken English "Why do they call it Football when you don't use foot?" That was, no kidding, the ONLY thing he said to me the entire interview.

They then asked how I would sell the "Christian" aspects of this school to non-Christians. How I would talk to family members. Do I believe more in being a servant or customer service. How I would get past the objections from high school administrators trying to stop me from being a solicitor on their campus.

This IS a sales position. Hipster stammered horribly when I asked him what the quota "number" was for students I needed to enroll. "Well, um, well, we, uh, take, uh information from the region and see what the team should be able to obtain then we, um, take that information and uh, well, come up with your goal. I also asked how often you have a start? Middle aged man stammered a bit on that too. "Our most important time is August. But we have a start here, there, all the time. And you have to be prepared to ride a bus with students into Phoenix and set them up in their dorms and hold their hands." Uh...ok.

I asked how many people they were hiring. 1! ONE! Three men, put up in a hotel, to hire one person, for a sales position with a SUPER HIGH turnover rate? Ok then.

Interview Questions

• The fantasy football sales pitch was wacky and the servant or customer service was one of those trick, no right answer type questions.   Answer Question