Grand Canyon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.7

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email back with screening questions and phone interview time, replied to screening questions and scheduled phone interview with HR. Had phone interview, then 1:1 interview with same woman from the phone interview. She then told me I had to come back for a panel interview with the managers. I scheduled and attended the panel interview. Did not receive offer after 3rd interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• "As a business we over promise things that we are not able to follow through on. Tell us a time that you did this"
      "Tell us a time a customer didn't know what they wanted"
      "Tell us about a time you gained the trust of a customer"

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview within a week. The following week, I met the Department Head and had an informal interview which lasted about 1.5 hours. IT wasn't like an interview at all. The HoD and I discussed about my past lecturing/tutoring experiences and how similar they were to my prospective classes at GCU. The interview went very well and at the end of the discussion, we finalized on the classes that I would teach.

Interview Questions

• Informal discussion about past experiences in lecturing/tutoring   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online to their website. The university recruiter calls you first. If you can meet the schedule of the classes, they setup an in-person with the department chair. The University has a large pool of adjuncts. It's not enough money to make a full-time job. Once in the adjunct pool the assignments are given according to scheduling needs.

Interview Questions

• Experience. What you know about the content. Need a Masters degree.   1 Answer

University Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a very generic interview. Everyone was very nice and they all did a wonderful job of building up Grand Canyon University. It started as a phone call, then an in person with the recruiter, then with the managers and then a call to confirm the offer.

Interview Questions

• All generic questions, "tell us about a time that you faced rejection and how you over came it?" They really just want to see how you think and that you are able to hold a conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Had a one-on-one interview with a manager and he made the recommendation for my employment. Received the offer call from Human Resources and started training a week after interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I relate to students and getting them motivated to start school   1 Answer

Online Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview first. Then in-person interview with H.R. Then in-person interview with 2 managers in the online division. I accepted the offer, but was the offer was descended due to background check. Very disappointing, because was very honest about DUI on application, but I didn't write down the place I was convicted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty with a manager or team member and how you handled it.

All questions were the STAR method...

Background check extensive including credit check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

This is probably one of the worst interview processes I have ever been through. So to make this clear from the begging, I applied for this job technically twice. The first time I applied I just graduated in December and was looking for a job. I did not hear anything from them until late march just putting my application off for almost 4 months when I was getting interviews daily. Once the 4 months hit I decided to just interview for the heck of it because you get free masters tuition which is a lot of money if you take advantage of this. The first problem I encountered was we set up a time for a phone interview where the recruiter never even called me but said I was a good candidate and wanted to get me to the next step without even calling me. the next problem was I told the recruiter that the job I had would not allow me any time off as early as the next few days because that is just rude to my current employer to take the next day off for a job interview. They did not understand this and pushed for me to commit to a time to interview in person. I of course did not have an in person interview this time. A couple of months go by and I decided to apply to a different division because I want free tuition and was actually quitting my job I had currently and which I landed yet another interview, for the same position. I go to the interview and they tell me they have this weird style of interviewing where they ask entirely behavioral questions and based on that you get the job. The problem with this is that in all honesty this is an inside sales cold calling position and I have been in sales for about 2 years which I would be plenty more qualified than most recent college graduates. through out the interview I could tell I was not what they were looking for and at one point one of the managers started to write something down and shake his head almost in disappointment. I am not mad I didnt get the job because in all honesty I hate GCU very much with a passion and do not recommend this place to work for or to go to school but if you are going to get free masters tuition then shoot who can pass that up.

Interview Questions

• I dont remember any interview questions unfortunately. Just know they are ALL behavioral   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Indeed about the position. I responded and she sent me the link to the online application and told me to send her an email when I completed it. I was emailed the next day by someone in HR to do a phone interview. Before concluding the phone interview she invited me for an in person interview the following week. After my interview with the HR manager I had another interview with 2 team managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you had to learn a complex system.
      Tell me about a time you had a to deal with a customer who wasn't sure what they wanted.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate pay. It is not negotiable.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had a brief phone call followed by a 4 on 1 formal interview later that week. I met with a few different managers from different teams. I assume there were multiple positions available.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions (strength& weakness)   1 Answer

Regional Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2016.

Interview

First did a phone interview with the HR manager in charge of talent recruitment-nation wide. After passing her, i made it to the final interview with 2 levels up in management. HOWEVER, i was asked to present an entire territory management plan, 3 pages worth of leads, and also do a powerpoint presentation and present via Google Hangouts. I spent no less than 40 hours in 2 weeks researching and putting together all of the information for the interview. Was told no one had made it that far in the hiring process in 6 months. I was excited and put so much effort and work. Then, was told, sorry we had a lot of highly qualified individuals, but thanks for the massive amount of research done, and thanks for putting it in a wonderful presentation and good luck! Luckily i had another offer and was able to take the other job, that i had NOT put as much effort into.

Interview Questions

• typical what do you know about us? why should we pick you? concentrated on me putting together tons of research for the second interview.   Answer Question