Grand Canyon University Student Services Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Canyon University Student Services Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Grand Canyon University

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Very to the point and easy. Nothing too tough or out of the ordinary. I ended up getting a job offer 2 hours after I interviewed. The final interview consisted of myself and 2 managers. though apparently there can sometimes be up to 4.

Interview Questions

• How do you prepare for a busy day of work? What steps do you take specifically, and how well do you adjust to your plan changing on the fly? Answer both working as an individual and on a team.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 face-to-face interviews
    The phone interviews were very easy, it was the last face to face interview that was a little more intimidating. Taking the time to research GCU was well worth it, this company is looking for people who are excited about being part of a big GCU family.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on managing your day? (This position is the liaison between students and Financial Aid - Constantly working with various departments to things accomplished - Expert on a wide variety of rules, regulations with Finances and Academics)   1 Answer

Student Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted approximately 30 days later. After a phone interview, I was rushed into an interview that went well. After the interview, the interviewing hiring manager contacted my internal referral and asked about me and I was told they had a nice conversation. I've been in many interviews and so I know good ones and bad ones and this was a good one. Sent follow-up thank you notes as well. Was told I would hear back within a week, but I never heard back. After two weeks I contacted the HR coordinator I had been working with by phone and email. After multiple attempts to make contact I never heard back and never received a rejection notice. My voice mails and emails were flat out ignored. I had also contacted the hiring manager to follow-up after about a month and I never received any communication back from her either. While I have a feeling I slipped between the cracks, I've never been through an interview process where I never heard back. I've never had ignored communication either. It was extremely disappointing because I have lots of experience and was excited about working for them. It was extremely unprofessional and frustrating because they told me I needed to interview within two days of contacting me, which forced me to change travel plans. Hindsight being what it is, I don't understand the rush. I can't help but hold GCU in much lower regards because they did not show any respect for me or my time.

Student Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

Application is submitted through HR website, and they call you to set up an interview. I had a panel of four managers. They called me a few days later to offer the position and sent me an email with details. The interview was pretty generic, and they seem to like my answers about church involvement and community service.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you to explain a scenario where you had a moral dilemma.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate pay. I started at $37,000