Grand Canyon University Interview Questions in Tempe, AZ | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grand Canyon University

2.6

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

The process is straight forward you have a phone interview, then go in for a 1:1

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses/strenghts and why do you think you would be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Easy interview. Enjoyed the process. Really casual and laid back lots of scenario based questions. Hard to find the entrance of the building. Great atmosphere. Interviewed by two managers, and they had pre prepared questions ready to ask.Easy interview. Enjoyed the process. Really casual and laid back lots of scenario based questions. Hard to find the entrance of the building. Great atmosphere. Interviewed by two managers, and they had pre prepared questions ready to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took five days. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was scheduled for an in-person interview the following day. Three days later I received an email regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview Questions:
      - How did you hear about this position?
      - Why do you want this job?
      - What makes you a great fit for this job?
      - What would your co-workers say about you?

In-Person Interview: STAR Method Questions:
      - Tell us about a time when you provided exceptional customer service.
      - Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a conflict within your team.
      - Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview with hiring manager to ensure proper fit. Afterwards, a formal in-person interview is scheduled. Interview consisted of two dept managers and hr manager. Start off one by one shooting off questions in a rehearsed manner. They all seemed very interested in prior similar experience and education. Next, comes the common interview questions. Finally, candidate is grilled on how many sales goals they have previously accomplished. GCU's call volume "quota" one needs to reach an hour (min. of 40 outbound calls) is thoroughly explained. I felt strongly about this company at first since they are a very reputable and respected Christian institution. Also, the starting pay can't be beat ($40K), especially for someone w/o a degree. The last 15 minutes of interview discouraged me a great deal! I rather not be employed as a parrot reciting a script in a stressful,high paced and sales based call center disguised as an university.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to spend your entire shift on the phone? What were some of your sale goals and numbers reached from your previous employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, the next step was an in office interview. I first met with the talent specialist who set up the phone interview and she asked me several questions about why I wanted to work for them, etc. After that I was taken to a conference room and had another interview that was conducted by two managers. The managers had great personalities which helped to calm some of the nervousness most of us experience with an interview. They asked me about my work history on my resume. They also asked several S.T.A.R. Method questions.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then one formal interview with two enrollment managers. I was referred by a friend for the job. Best way to get an interview. I had to apply online even though I was a referral. Resume was forwarded to direct/team manager. HR representative called for a phone screen. Contacted via e-mail initially.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with multi-tasks with deadlines and how you approached these. What was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty simple process. They called for a phone screening and then scheduled an in-person interview. The in-person interview was about 45 minutes to an hour of STAAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time that you had to help someone over the phone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted two online applications for the same position with different posting dates. I never got a reply or heard from anyone besides an auto-mated email after initially completing each app. It took a referral to get an email to set up a phone screening. Even after my referral submitted my info, it took a week or two to get an email. However, I later found out that they were starting training for new hires about 10 days out from when they contacted me. Not nearly enough time to give two weeks to current employer and process seemed quite rushed considering I had submitted two applications anywhere from two to four weeks in prior.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving current position? What would your friends say your strengths are? What are you strengths? Tell us about a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in a call-center environment before? Are you comfortable taking 100 phones calls a day and/or talking on the phone for 3 hours a shift?   Answer Question

This was a phone screening. I was offered an in-person interview but declined since the position seems to be more of a call-center and sales environment (which is noted in many of the employee reviews on Glassdoor). Also, on the website they advertise $43k to start for the position but they only were offering $40k. They noted on the phone after you complete two years you are automatically increased to $50k. Overall, felt they advertise false information about the position and its pay, and then they rush through the interviewing process.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy interview process. Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Was offered the job same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a complaint from a student. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call within 24 hours. Standard questions and very direct with examples needed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Every enrollment counselor starts at $40K