Grand Canyon University University Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for University Development Representative

Interviews at Grand Canyon University

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

There was an email for interview with HR for screening. The HR interviewer was 30 minutes late for the telephone interview. Then it moved on to a phone interview with the hiring manager. The final interview was face to face in Phoenix with the executive director and the hiring manager. This involved a presentation of a proposed business plan for territory management and interview questions. This lasted about 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach contact generation in a difficult territory where potential clients have never even heard of your company's existence?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation allowed.

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University

University Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in May 2014.

Interview

Totally unprofessional in person interview! Expected to be interviewed at 7:30pm at night almost 2 hours away from my home. Then actual interview was near a bar in a hotel and didn't actually begin until 8:30pm!!! I spent hours creating a powerpoint presentation and when I got to interview, she didn't even have me present it!

Interview Questions

• They are going to ask you lots of sales oriented questions - not student affairs related.   Answer Question

University Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in October 2014.

Interview

Within a few days of completing an application, an HR Representative emailed me requesting me to reply with the best time to contact to conduct a phone screening. I replied immediately with a specific time period on any day of the week. I waited for a confirmation email with a scheduled date and time and never received it until after I followed up the next day. Let me reiterate that I requested a specific time period on any day of the week and the confirmed time I received back was not at all during the the time period I requested but I replied stating that it would be best if we keep the time I requested.

The day of and 10 minutes before the scheduled time of the phone screen comes and I received a voicemail (since it was not the schedule time- I wasn't able to answer the phone) stating that the interview need to be rescheduled for 3 hours later.. Ok, 3 hours later actually works better for me... well 3 hrs and 30 minutes later, I finally got the call. Interview lasted about 20 minutes with a series of average behavioral based questions basically inquiring about previous sales experiences and territory management. Interview went well and I was told that my application would be forwarded to hiring manager and I can expect to receive a call in 1-5 business days. I made sure (since I have been through interview processes it seems a thousand times and know promises are always made with no results) that I repeated and confirmed what I was just told about receiving a call for the second interview within 1-5 business days... 4 days passed and on the 5th day, I heard nothing. So before the 5th day ended I called the HR rep and asked if I should still be expecting a call from the hiring manager. As I introduced myself she said she remembered me and said "yea, you are the one the hiring manager is waiting to hear from. "We are just waiting on your answer since you said you weren't sure about the training schedule." <<That in itself let me know where this was going.... "Um, no, thats not me.. I'm such and such, the one who you changed the interview time to 3 hours later last week. We haven't spoken since the phone screen, and I still haven't heard from the hiring manager," I replied. She says, "Oh ok, He still hasn't contacted you at all?!? Oh, ok let me email him and see what is going on, let me put you on a brief hold. HOLD. "Ok, he said he has found the candidate he is looking for. You are encouraged to apply if other positions interest you." I politely said,"ok thank you." In the back of my mind, I'm wondering why it seems so unprofessional to not send a rejection email to the candidate who took the time to start a process with you. Everything happens for a reason, would I really want to work for a company that is unorganized and unprofessional?

Interview Questions

• Although salary is predetermined and outlined in the job posting and at the beginning of the phone screen, I was still asked about my salary for each one of my previous positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, before a face to face interview. be prepared to present a territory plan, as well as 1, 3, and 6 month goal plans. First a phone screen, then a phone interview and then a face to face with the region's manager. Manager wants to hear specific ideas of how you will meet Admission's goals, as well as how you will manage and develop your territory.

Interview Questions

• How would you reach out to possible partnerships in your territory?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview. I was told the local manager would call me at a certain time. the call came late. I was then told there would be a face to face interview and to have a presentation prepared to explain my territory management plan. The interviewer must have not been told about this because he never asked to see it. In fact he repeatedly told me he did not know where my territory would be.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my sales background and my contacts in education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Newark, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

You need to go in with a plan on how to develop your territory or how you are going to get your leads. You will be asked to make a presentation on the given major you will be recruiting for ie College of Education or nursing. Then you will be asked on how you developed your own market based on what job you came from.

Interview Questions

• How will you develop your territory?   1 Answer