Grand Prairie Independent Schools District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District

Substitute Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District.

Interview

I took a class on classroom management at the Grand Prairie Inedependent School District center for education. That day lasted approximately 6 hours. During that time all my documents were copied, I learned the online system to check for opening in the district and also had my picture taken. I was able to begin work the next day if desired.

Bilingual Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District.

Interview

I was called for an interview and it was about 30 min or so long and my language was tested for Spanish. I was very impressed with the program that they run for bilingual integration. It was very straight forward and detailed and I left with alot of knowledge as well as a start to my career!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you assist in discipline with the kids?   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

Applied online, called in for interview with principal. Was asked basic questions about experience and what I thought of the neighborhood and school. Principal walked me around the school and showed me around. Was offered that job that day,

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District.

Interview

This was a behavorial interview. Please be prepared to provide real world examples in which to resolve challenges. Be prepared to be interviewed by a large panel as well as a one-on-one interview. Please be aware the gaining adminstrator within the school your assigned may require you to taken on collateral duties.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve a matter between two students, without the intervention of your fellow colleagues or administrators?   Answer Question

Bilingual Elementary School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District (Grand Prairie, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I went through interviews with bilingual specialists at the school district office. They decide if you can proceed. After the interview they told me about a position at an elementary school. I then had to interview with the school principal and three teachers.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District (Grand Prairie, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Quick easy and straight forward. The principal was friendly and nice. The conversation did not last very long. She told me she had another job fair. But she decided to not go to that and hire me instead.

School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District (Grand Prairie, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The principal and assistant principals were my interviewers. They asked about experience, education, and goals. I would suggest for an interviewee to look up questions asked to school counselors during an interview. That really helped.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience?   1 Answer
    • How well did you work with parents?   Answer Question
    • How do you help teachers that are having problems with behaviorally challenged students?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District (Grand Prairie, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

When I was a corporate executive in the area of strategic planning, I quickly learned a very important lesson – the best way to ensure strategy implementation is to hire the right people into the company.

I suppose that’s why I’m always surprised at the casual and often lackadaisical attitude many managers take when it comes to hiring. Look around and what you’ll notice is at the heart of most great companies is an incredibly strong emphasis on the hiring process.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I was initially hired as a diagnostician. My interview was only with the Assessment Coordinator. It was lengthy, but I got the impression that she liked me right away. I was called later that same day and offered the job.

Since that time 7 years ago, I have sat in on several committee interviews for new hires for teachers and for new diagnosticians. It seems very stressful for the candidate (I know that I would be stressed in similar conditions). Sometimes the committee part of a teacher interview seems like it is a popularity contest -- "so do we like her enough for our team?"

Interview Questions

• How would you diagnose a child with an IQ of 71 and poor academics in comparison?   1 Answer

Negotiation

School employees don't get to negotiate their salaries (unless they are the Superintendent).