Grand Prairie Independent Schools District Special Education Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I was initially hired as a diagnostician. My interview was only with the Assessment Coordinator. It was lengthy, but I got the impression that she liked me right away. I was called later that same day and offered the job.

Since that time 7 years ago, I have sat in on several committee interviews for new hires for teachers and for new diagnosticians. It seems very stressful for the candidate (I know that I would be stressed in similar conditions). Sometimes the committee part of a teacher interview seems like it is a popularity contest -- "so do we like her enough for our team?"

Interview Questions

• How would you diagnose a child with an IQ of 71 and poor academics in comparison?   1 Answer

Negotiation

School employees don't get to negotiate their salaries (unless they are the Superintendent).

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Prairie Independent Schools District

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District.

Interview

This was a behavorial interview. Please be prepared to provide real world examples in which to resolve challenges. Be prepared to be interviewed by a large panel as well as a one-on-one interview. Please be aware the gaining adminstrator within the school your assigned may require you to taken on collateral duties.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve a matter between two students, without the intervention of your fellow colleagues or administrators?   Answer Question