Grand Rounds Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Rounds Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Grand Rounds

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (Reno, NV) in April 2019.

Interview

I coordinated a time with the recruiter via email when we would talk to do an initial phone screen. The recruiter called about thirty minutes early, and I missed the call. Over a three week span, I called back and emailed multiple times, but the recruiter never responded again. I was really looking forward to interviewing with Grand Rounds and moving along with the process, so I remain very disappointed with the lack of professionalism.

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Rounds

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in November 2017.

Interview

I was appalled by my experience with grand rounds. My first screening interview was with someone on Team Development in the Nevada office -- she called me 8 minutes late, didn't even acknowledge this, and then asked me "So why are you interested in this position" in such a snotty tone that I was completely turned off the company. Maybe it was an interview tactic to imply that I am underqualified or that they have other options... but, no thanks. Clearly, respect is not a closely-held value for the company and I will not be looking here again.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very professional and efficient. First there was a screen call with the recruiter, followed by a take home assignment. Once completed and approved, I had an additional call with the hiring manager followed by an on-site interview. Everyone I met during the onsite was very friendly and managed the flow of the interview in a professional way.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you took the initiative to research a best practice or explore an alternative way of doing things.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through their website. The recruiter contacted me via email. I was given an assignment (not sure why this wasn't after the phone screen), and then did an initial phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a meeting with the hiring manager.

I understand this is a startup, but it was rather disorganized when working with the recruiter. I also was not sure why I was given an assignment (took about 2 hours) prior to the initial phone screen. Typically, the screen comes first because it ends up potentially wasting time for the pool of candidates (I don't think the recruiter will save much or any time doing it the other way around).

One thing that worried me was when I was discussing the position with the hiring manager. He was unfamiliar with the different software used in this field and I had to explain the pros and cons for using each. I thought that maybe he was trying to check for my understanding, but it was clear he's unaware. After I realized this company is not knowledgable in the specific feild I'm applying for, I almost immediately gave up on the interview and this company. I was looking for a position and a company where I can learn and develop my skills. This position and company might not be there yet and still figuring out this industry.

At this time, this company might be better suited for those with little to no work experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in May 2015.

Interview

The HR contacted me and set up a phone interview. She forgot to call me and thus we set up another. The interview went well, but she sent me an email to say that I am not qualified.