Grand Rounds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2018

2.7

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through their website. The recruiter contacted me via email. I was given an assignment (not sure why this wasn't after the phone screen), and then did an initial phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a meeting with the hiring manager.

I understand this is a startup, but it was rather disorganized when working with the recruiter. I also was not sure why I was given an assignment (took about 2 hours) prior to the initial phone screen. Typically, the screen comes first because it ends up potentially wasting time for the pool of candidates (I don't think the recruiter will save much or any time doing it the other way around).

One thing that worried me was when I was discussing the position with the hiring manager. He was unfamiliar with the different software used in this field and I had to explain the pros and cons for using each. I thought that maybe he was trying to check for my understanding, but it was clear he's unaware. After I realized this company is not knowledgable in the specific feild I'm applying for, I almost immediately gave up on the interview and this company. I was looking for a position and a company where I can learn and develop my skills. This position and company might not be there yet and still figuring out this industry.

At this time, this company might be better suited for those with little to no work experience.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds.

Interview

This was probably the funniest interview process. I have interviewed with some very competitive organizations but have never been given a take-home exercise at the start of the process itself!

Round 1 - A 10 minutes conversation with the HR recruiter
    Round 2 - A take home exercise?

At this point - all I knew about the role was from the job posting. Their software isn't public either - as a result the take-home exercise seemed very vague. I guess I just expected more from a multi-million dollar funded organization. Even the largest companies with thousands of applications per role have one round of conversation between the recruiting manager and the interviewee before a take-home exercise - just something I would like to suggest as a possible change to the process I guess.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move from your current organization?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in November 2017.

Interview

I was appalled by my experience with grand rounds. My first screening interview was with someone on Team Development in the Nevada office -- she called me 8 minutes late, didn't even acknowledge this, and then asked me "So why are you interested in this position" in such a snotty tone that I was completely turned off the company. Maybe it was an interview tactic to imply that I am underqualified or that they have other options... but, no thanks. Clearly, respect is not a closely-held value for the company and I will not be looking here again.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online then had phone interview with a recruiter. Then had a video interview with a member of the team. After a very short interview, they gave an assignment. Although short, it still took time. I completed it and was then part of the next round of a phone interview with hiring manager. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then followed up with recruiter twice. No response. Not even a generic thank you for applying but no thanks. Overall, unimpressed with the unprofessionalism of the company reflected in the interview process.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I first spoke with HR in a phone interview. Then the hiring manager on a phone interview. Afterwards an in-person interview with four individuals. They were all friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about experience. They referred to either my resume or the job description.   Answer Question

Care Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yarmouth, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (Yarmouth, ME) in October 2017.

Interview

This was my first interview with grand rounds. It was scheduled to be a phone interview, although we actually ended up talking on Google Hangouts (with video.) I submitted my resume and got the offer for the first interview via email within three days. The first interview itself took place a week later. Aside from the email inviting me to interview and the scheduling invitation itself, I did not receive any additional communication from the company or from the interviewer prior to the interview. I could tell from the schedule invite that the interview would be short (30 minutes) so I assumed it would be a brief, standard screening interview. This assumption proved to be correct.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions included: How did you hear about Grand Rounds? Why are you interested in working for Grand Rounds? Why do you think you would be a good fit for the position of Care Services Coordinator?   1 Answer

Care Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting agency. I was contacted via email and was guided along by the recruiter the whole way. The company called me in for an in-person interview. I met with 2 of the 4 people I was supposed to meet with. (The other 2 weren't in the office.) Then, they called me up for a phone interview. I spoke with 1 of the 2 people I was supposed to talk with. (The other one wasn't available.) The whole thing was backwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use detail and logic to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • What do you do to prioritize when you have a lot of tasks on your plate all at once?   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very efficient process that was well-communicated to me in advance. There were just enough meetings for them to get to know me, and no more or less. Nearly everyone I met with was great; they were surprisingly supportive, considering the interview process can be so awkward for all involved. Unlike some reports I see below, the recruiters I worked with were fantastic also.

Only weird observation is that I was continually confused by the conflicting messages I received about the role, and kept wondering, "what exactly is the role's objective?" Even within the same team, one person would say, "We really need someone to do XYZ" while another would say, "We don't do XYZ here and don't plan to." Naturally, not knowing if your skills are relevant or not can make it difficult for you to sell yourself. Plan to pivot quickly because you may not have another opportunity to course correct.

Director of Marketing, Growth Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in April 2017.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with HR. Interview was standard, about 30 mins, going through my background and the role. Interviewer was nice and said next step was to speak with the Marketing team to determine if they wanted to set up a norm ther round. I got an email the following day saying they had declined.

Implementation and Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Standard interview and asked regular questions, why Grand Rounds etc. I was impressed by the efficiency of the process, which I was not expecting having read reviews of the interview experience. Was told I would be notified of decision in 24 hours and I was. Unfortunately did not get progressed, but when I asked why not, I was given immediate feedback.