Grand Rounds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fluid and candid. The information provided played out as they described initially. Started with an initial screening, phone interview, panel interview and final interview. Everyone had great questions to ask and dug deep into my experience. Communication about next steps and expectations were properly met. Overall, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral based questions such as: Tell me about a time when you had a difficult hiring manager you worked with, and how did you work around those difficulties?   1 Answer

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (Reno, NV) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was called by the recruiter the next day. He set up an online google chat interview the next week. The google chat interview lasted about 30minutes and the interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease. After the interview I received a sample call which lasted about 7 minutes. The recruiter notified me a few hours later that they wanted to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought Grand Rounds would be a good fit.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and straightforward.

The structure was laid out in advance, and I had 4-5 sessions with different team members covering the usual technical and non-technical subjects. The level and content felt appropriate for the position.

The followup after the interview was swift, and we wrapped the whole thing in a week. Communication and expectation setting was clear throughout the experience.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were good combinations of problems/designs as well as talking about specific aspects of previous projects I was involved in.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (Washington, DC) in March 2020.

Interview

First, I had a brief phone interview with a recruiter. After this, she set up a panel interview with two healthcare providers (a nurse practitioner and a physicians assistant) via Google Hangout. After this, I had a Grand Rounds employee call me as a mock patient phone call, so I had to assess the "patient" and offer recommendation for care. After this, the initial recruiter emailed me with an offer.

Lead IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

1. The recruiter emailed me.
    2. Chatted with the recruiter over the phone.
    3. Technical phone interview with an iOS Engineer using HackerRank CodePair (1 hr).
    4. Phone interview with the hiring manager (1 hr).
    5. Final onsite (5 hrs as you meet with about 8 different members of their team including their CTO). Mine was done remotely via Zoom due to the COVID-19 shelter-in-place situation.
    6. Reference check.
    7. Zoom call with the recruiter. They decided not to move forward, but provided detailed feedback, which is rare these days. They'll keep me in mind for future opportunities.

Everyone was super nice -- no signs of brogrammers! They put a lot of care into screening for brilliant jerks. If you're a self-improvement junkie like me, be sure to ask for the CTO's reading list -- this alone made the interview worth it to me. Even better, the hiring manager offered to mentor me! Classiest rejection ever.

Interview Questions

• Design an app for searching for physicians & booking appointments.   Answer Question
    • Add some functionality to a small iOS app using Xcode.   Answer Question
    • How have you collaborated with Product and Design in the past?   Answer Question
    • Expect very pointed questions about your soft skills & leadership experience!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds.

Interview

Got a recruiter contact me after applying online. Scheduled a technical phone screen (data structures) which went well. Recruiter then reached out to schedule a call with the hiring manager which consisted mostly of behavioral questions. After that we scheduled a virtual onsite which consisted of three rounds. The first interview had a question about how would you implement a particular app on the web (in general terms), the second interview had a standard data structure question, and the third round was behavioral with two hiring managers. In all rounds we discussed my resume for 20-30 mins as well. Overall a really positive experience but I opted for another opportunity.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds.

Interview

I ended up taking a position elsewhere, but the interview process for Grand Rounds was so inappropriate I could hardly believe it.

Grand Rounds had a listing in indeed which was more than 30 days old when I applied. They got back to me within a day, saying that they liked my resume and would be in touch. A recruiter called me up, and then set up a large interview with a few colleagues. Before the interview, they had me do a long data analysis assignment that took about 10 hours., and asked me to do it within 48 hours of receiving it. Wow! They must be really serious about hiring me.

When I had my in person interview, they left it saying “we love your skills, and we will be in touch with next steps. Just to let you know though, this process is going to be slow as we haven’t yet received funding for this position.”

???

That would be like posting a job listing for a chef, having the chef make you a meal, eating the meal, and then telling the chef “we loved your food, but just to let you know we don’t have funding to hire you yet.”

Seriously, that’s SO inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• Please do a long data analysis project before your interview.   Answer Question

SWE Interview

Interview

Applied online and then was asked to do a technical phone screen for an hour. Half interview was about my experience other half was the technical coding challenge on hackerrank.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Steps:
    1. The recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn.
    2. We had an initial chat over the phone.
    3. I had a 1-hour long technical interview with 2 of the engineers.
    4. I got a rejection the next day.

The process was pretty standard although I still can't think for a reason why I was rejected. I implemented the question asked in 15-20 mins (which the interviewers said that it was pretty quick as well) and then there was plenty of time to chit chat, know more about me and the company and I felt confident that I'll get the onsite call. But then the recruiter contacted me and she told me that I didn't do well.
    Overall, I had a great interaction with the recruiters and the interviewers but I still don't understand the reason for the rejection.

Interview Questions

• Given the initial positional coordinates in a n*n matrix and some directional keywords, N and M where N means the spaceship would go east from the direction it was traveling. and M means the spaceship would go west from the direction it was traveling, find the final destination.

Example: Initial position: (2, 3), Matrix: 5*5, directional keywords: MANNNNBMNMMXAD

Anything other than M and N should be ignored. Also, when these random alphabets come, the spaceship moves 1 spot in the direction it is traveling. If it hits the boundary, then that will be the final destination irrespective of the remaining keywords.

(Hope this helps)   Answer Question

Software Engineer - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied to the Data Platform Services team and overall had a great experience. The process consisted of a behavioral screen with the Engineering Manager, a technical screen with an engineer on the team, followed by an onsite with 2 technical interviews (code review, system design, coding) and a behavioral interview with the manager. Unfortunately, I did not perform as well as I could have on one of the technical interviews so did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Some fairly advanced algorithm and data structure questions in the coding interviews.   Answer Question

Data Science Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by onsite. Onsite consisted of a presentation to the Data Science team about a past project followed by 4-5 interviews focusing on a range of technical and leadership skills.

Grand Rounds cares about candidates having a smooth interview process, and the recruiter was very high touch. The company really emphasizes culture and mission and puts a lot of value on personal development. That even started in the interview process, with a deep dive into core values, tying previous development to the role, and conversations with very senior leaders. I came away impressed with the team, culture, and what they've built so far.

Interview Questions

• How would you, practically speaking, detect outliers in a given data set containing relationships between the costs of healthcare for individuals over time?   Answer Question