Grand Rounds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Rounds Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter and near the end, she said she planned to set me up with an in-person interview. She never ended up setting me up or responding to any of my follow up emails. I thought that was unprofessional and gave me a negative impression of the company. Most recruiters at least send out rejection notices. If you can't answer an email, follow up, or keep your promises, then you might as well be replaced by an intern who can do the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (Stanford, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Resume submission to phone screening to online coding challenge. I applied from AngelList and they have asked to phone me for background check and my availability. I received a coding challenge, solved it pretty well and only got a rejection without any explanation. I believe other candidate already accepted an offer and my window was shut, but it would have been better if they have let me know what the deal was.

Interview Questions

• phone: what kind of project I have done in the past, my interests, etc
      coding challenge: generic algorithm questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in February 2016.

Interview

First Round is a Coding Challenge on hacker rank challenge (a moderate intensity problem )was given .I successfully completed challenge but rejected because qualifications did not match.The follow up was quick whole process took 1 week

Staff Physician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in September 2016.

Interview

I initially applied for the job online through their website. I didn't hear from them for over 2 months, after which they reached out with interest via email to confirm continued interest. The interview process was long and a bit tedious. First one of their recruiters called me and discussed the position, asked me some basic questions about myself. I then was asked to do a sample write up of a medical case. Once they approved my writing abilities, they then asked me to do a mock patient encounter. Once they got good feedback about that, they then set me up for video interviews with different people from the medical team (five 30 minute interviews). I elected to do them back-to-back since I was under time constraints with an opposing job offer. It was tiring, but overall enjoyable. I spoke with the medical director, the vice president of the medical team, two staff physicians and a physician assistant. I kept getting positive feedback during the actual phone interviews, so I was very surprised when they said they weren't going to offer me the position. It made the phone conversations seem fake, which was disappointing in a company that prides themselves on their hiring process to ensure obtaining employees that will be the best fit are brought on board. If they regard their process so highly, they shouldn't say things to the candidate personally like "you would be a great asset to our team," "I think you'd make a great addition," and have the end result seem quite the opposite.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Rounds.

Interview

brief introduction screening followed by take home case study. People seemed very nice and asked the general questions. The people who were interviewing came from different careers and were generally excited by discussed experiences.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in five years?

Tell me more than what I see in your resume?

Why did you apply to this specific role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grand Rounds.

Interview

met at university career fair and genuinely felt like the company was interested in me as a candidate. was told to complete an online coding challenge before a behavioral interview. did not get past the challenge but i was not told why i didnt get it. not sure about what the future rounds look like

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. There were quite a few rounds, which proved that they really cared about the interns they planned on hiring (something that is not very common). Mostly screened for culture and competence, and then for experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about our messaging? What do you like? How can we reach the right audience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, there is not much of an opportunity to negotiate since we have little experience.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Rounds.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then onsite interviews. The questions focused on strategies to market to physicians. The interview was mostly behavioral and the people were great. The negative part was how they handled communicating with me. They dropped the ball multiple times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online then had phone interview with a recruiter. Then had a video interview with a member of the team. After a very short interview, they gave an assignment. Although short, it still took time. I completed it and was then part of the next round of a phone interview with hiring manager. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then followed up with recruiter twice. No response. Not even a generic thank you for applying but no thanks. Overall, unimpressed with the unprofessionalism of the company reflected in the interview process.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in May 2016.

Interview

Standard HR phone screen with follow up in person interview with 4 current employees of various levels which all went well. Final phone interview with Vice President. I felt confident leaving the in person interview that I would receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would I address a current issue they are experiencing.   Answer Question