Grand Rounds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Rounds Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.7

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds.

Interview

You submit your application online then they set up an initial first phone interview. After this they set up a mock case. They cancelled the phone interview a few hours before it was scheduled. I had to email them to remind them to reschedule. In the phone interview, the interviewer spent a significant amount of time trying to determine what the lowest salary I would take was, talked over me, and generally appeared disinterested. They also seem heavily geared towards hiring PAs and they kept referring to me as a PA in the interview. I decided not to proceed after this.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what salary I was looking for followed by if I would be willing to take x salary.   Answer Question

Growth Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and organized. I appreciated the recruiter's transparency around each stage, which consisted of 4 rounds - phone screening, phone call w/hiring manager, phone call w/org director, and in-person on-site as the final step.

Interview Questions

• Case Study - You're given X budget. Detail a two-year marketing plan on how to increase employee product utilization in 3-4 slides.   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Gracia Huntington, recruiter, reached out and we had a good conversation. She reached out shortly after to schedule time to speak with a HRBP at Grand Rounds. Before my interview, she walked me through what to expect.

I interviewed with the HRBP, and I thought she was beyond pleasant; very supportive, friendly, and had a good positive vibe about her.

Unfortunately, I wasn't selected to move forward. There's a very high bar here, and although the interviews may come as 'easy' or 'laid back', the interviewers are trained to take your responses and make the most of it. Looks like they have a strong team of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you've successfully implemented a program.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

The interview process was comfortable, thorough, and personal. Interviewers were a mix of folks from the company, and addressed different aspects of professional and personal experience. Open dialogue; interviewers were eager to hear feedback and very open to interviewees questions/concerns.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to do something that challenged a person with more authority than you. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee & was quickly reached out to by the recruiting team. We had a couple calls before I spoke with the manager on the hiring team. Once that conversation went well, I completed an analytics assessment (straightforward assignment using Excel). Upon passing the screening, I went for a 3 hours on-site interview with several teammates ranging from potential direct coworkers to a VP. Everyone was friendly, smart, and helpful. The recruiter was responsive and, in sum, I would rate the interview process highly.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would analyze this chart (a graph was provided in the interview). What are your main takeaways?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The entire process took about a month. I met with various members of the Accounts team, as well as folks from other departments (Sales, Analytics, Marketing). Overall, everyone was super friendly and genuinely invested in providing a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your more difficult customer experiences. How did you manage this to create a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (Augusta, ME) in April 2018.

Interview

I submitted a resume on-line. I received an email asking to set-up a time to conduct a 15-20m phone interview. Based on the questions during the interview, I would say the applicants that made it to phone interview had well-written resumes which documented thoroughly past skills and experiences that could directly be related to the available position. This first interview is completely one-sided, meaning that there is no time granted for your questions about the company. Do not expect to receive any information, general or otherwise, about benefits, hours or salary. It truly is an interview to decide whether or not you make it to the next interview. It really is only a 15-20m call. When the interviewer is done with their questioning, he said, thank you for taking the time to talk with me, we will contact you, either way, after we have completed our first round of interviews. The guy was very nice, very respectful by taking his time to ask and to let you speak without interruption.
     The questions were pre-planned and the phone call had an agenda which he followed closely. They are very interested in your successes with managing a team.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider 3-4 of your most critical core competencies? Everyone has their experiences where a project has turned out well , even if along the way you had some pitfalls, however, tell me about a time that you recall where a project struggled from start to finish, what was your lesson and how did you turn it around? Or did you?   1 Answer
    • Everyone has their experiences where a project has turned out well , even if along the way you had some pitfalls, however, tell me about a time that you recall where a project struggled from start to finish, what was your lesson and how did you turn it around? Or did you?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you offer to the organization?   Answer Question

FP&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

My interview process with Grand Rounds was an overall great experience. My initial phone screen went longer than anticipated to continue an interesting conversation about how to change the healthcare industry. I interviewed remotely from Denver with 2 employees via phone and Google hangout, and in both conversations I felt listened to and more energized about the role. The HR recruiter I worked with throughout the process was incredibly supportive and also transparent each step of the way, which I really appreciated. I had similar experiences when I flew in for a half day of in-person interviews, which at the end of the process made it an easy decision to accept the offer.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in April 2018.

Interview

Amazing! All calls were scheduled quickly and happened on time. The interview scheduler took great care of me with checking on availability and then following through with the interview schedule. The technology was great - lots of face to face time via video conferencing.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in March 2018.

Interview

I had a phone call with the recruiter. Pretty straight forward chat about my work experience and the role. I've worked with a second opinion platform in the past, hence looked like a really good fit. I got a rejection after the first call. I asked for the reason directly from head of design over linkedIn. He mentioned that he had asked the recruiter to evaluate empathy, curiosity and collaboration from first 30minutes of call! What an intelligent strategy to filter candidates. If only it possible to evaluate these qualities from 30 mins; the world would be definitely in a better shape.

In addition, the recruiter possibly complained about me interrupting him while answering which I definitely did not. No recording of the call, so no proof. Even though he sounded friendly, clearly he just did not like me.

I would definitely not recommend wasting time in interviewing for design roles at this company at this time; unless you have to. If you end up interviewing, I'd suggest to be prepared to get rejected for random reasons.