Grand Rounds Medical Records Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Rounds Medical Records Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Grand Rounds

Medical Records Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a pleasant and professional team leader and asked general interview questions for a medical records position that I have a degree for and five years of experience working in.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what salary that I would accept and I named a figure that was in line with bay area positions. Bay area positions for medical records start at $20 an hour and average $25 an hour.   1 Answer
  • Why did you choose Grand Rounds to apply to?   1 Answer

I was embarrassed for a multimillion dollar healthcare technology start up that offered the absolute lowest wage for a medical records position that I have ever been offered. It is a strong indicator that the position that is one of the most responsible for making the enterprise hum isn't valued by their management. Here is what their cofounder Owen Tripp had to say in an interview with SF Bay area KCBS from April 2014 in regards to offering advice to technology job seekers: What advice can you share for people interested in entering a management career in technology? “Think less about the job and title you want, and rather think about WHO you’re going to be working with. Whether it’s a low-level or a senior job, make sure your manager cares about you, supports your career development and wants you to learn. That’s how you achieve maximum career velocity.

A few other tips—always hire people who are smarter than you. I love looking around my management table and realizing that everyone there is smarter than me on at least one thing.” It is unlikely that Mr. Tripp will acquire employees who are smarter than he is in health information management if he intends to offer wages "just above the minimum wage." I personally don't trust his company to offer training, perks, and eventual stock incentives to anyone but his management level employees. What I know from experience as an entrepeneur is a) You get what you pay for; and b) you will have high turnover if you don't pay your employees the going rate found in the metropolitan statistical area where the job is located.

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Rounds

Medical Records Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grand Rounds (Reno, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone interview-spoke with recruiter for about 10 min...then was asked what pay I was looking for. Up until then, it seems like a very interesting position with room for growth.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What interests you in Grand Rounds?   Answer Question