Grand Rounds Staff Physician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grand Rounds

1 Interview Review

4.0

Staff Physician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Rounds in September 2016.

Interview

I initially applied for the job online through their website. I didn't hear from them for over 2 months, after which they reached out with interest via email to confirm continued interest. The interview process was long and a bit tedious. First one of their recruiters called me and discussed the position, asked me some basic questions about myself. I then was asked to do a sample write up of a medical case. Once they approved my writing abilities, they then asked me to do a mock patient encounter. Once they got good feedback about that, they then set me up for video interviews with different people from the medical team (five 30 minute interviews). I elected to do them back-to-back since I was under time constraints with an opposing job offer. It was tiring, but overall enjoyable. I spoke with the medical director, the vice president of the medical team, two staff physicians and a physician assistant. I kept getting positive feedback during the actual phone interviews, so I was very surprised when they said they weren't going to offer me the position. It made the phone conversations seem fake, which was disappointing in a company that prides themselves on their hiring process to ensure obtaining employees that will be the best fit are brought on board. If they regard their process so highly, they shouldn't say things to the candidate personally like "you would be a great asset to our team," "I think you'd make a great addition," and have the end result seem quite the opposite.

Interview Questions