Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Interview Questions in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Interview Questions in Reno, NV

2.7

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino (Reno, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called to come in and chat and scheduled the interview for the next day. I arrived early and waited for someone to come get me which happened right on time! A lady took me back to the merchandise room and asked me two questions. She didn't know what other questions to ask me so we went around the casino and viewed the different shops they have. She chatted with me and we talked to a couple very nice employees. After that we went back down to the merchandise room and they offered me the job and took me to get processed.

Interview Questions

• Q: What, if any, retail experience do you have?

Q: Are you okay working all shifts?
      1 Answer

Lex Night Club Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino (Reno, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, both were relatively short and easy, lasting 5 minutes. They want to see if you work well with other girls and can handle drunk people. They ask you about your customer serve and want to see you be friendly and smile! Dress as you would if you were going to work there, not business attire.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle drunk people that won't leave you allow or get angry?   2 Answers

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino (Reno, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

A disaster and a HUGE disappointment. The HR guy called me up to set up phone interview. I then spent 2 days preparing at home. They never even ended up calling me to complete the phone interview. I was just left hanging, even after I left messages asking, "um, what happened to the phone interview you said you wanted to conduct with me today????"

Interview Questions

• It never even got to the point of hearing questions from them. I had plenty of my own questions though. Like, "who the hell does GSR think they are, setting up a phone interview and then not having the decency to call when they promised?"   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino (Reno, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

The environment was down and depressing. The interviewer obviously did not enjoy her job.

Bowling Center Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino (Reno, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

Group interview consisting of 10~ people. Most of the people being interviewed simply copied others answers. It was obvious which had different, unique answers, and these are the people that were hired. This interview system has since changed however, and as far as I know interviews are currently being done one on one.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with Bowling in the past?(experience not required). How do you deal with stress? Do you have reliable transportation? Are there times you aren't available? (I.E. A second Job, school, etc..) How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino (Reno, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

They interview then won't call unless you harass them for an answer, after it takes then more than a month to process paperwork. They really just feel out your personality and qualifications and go from there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations to be had

Bus Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino (Reno, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of both computer assessments and individual interviews. There was a complete background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• During part of the interview process they handed me a pen and asked me to sell it to one of the hiring question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had several years experience as a bartender and made sure I'd have an opportunity to be promoted based on my work ethic. Be prepared to stand out and shine because there are thousands of applicants for one or two jobs.