Grand Street Settlement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Street Settlement

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Street Settlement (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I got 2 interviews they were unprofessional and there were no serious questions, the could make this screening by phone instead of sending the candidates twice in a raining day .
    there was no feedback but when I asked for the answer was they chose someone who is more suitable but they didn't provide the real reason for the refusal.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Street Settlement.

Interview

It was a phone interview. She started by saying my resume was a better fit for their tutoring position.
    She asked me about my previous tutoring positions. My track record speaks for itself, but I wasn't shy in explaining why I left my previous job which is essentially exactly the same as the one she described to me.

By the end of the interview, I knew the job wasn't me for me, but did not say anything as I didn't want to seem like I had no flexibility. It was $20 an hour for 10-15 hours a week. It wasn't surprising that she didn't offer me the position, which I would have declined anyway.

But what I don't get is why she emailed me saying I wasn't going through for the tutoring job I applied for. I didn't apply for the tutoring job. So...what happened to the job I actually applied for?

The interviewer wasn't warm, we spent entire time talking about a job I didn't even want, didn't ask me anything related to the job I applied for. And everything she asked me was literally on my resume or cover letter already, so I was essentially just repeating everything.

If I wanted to tutor, I wouldn't have quit my last FULL time job, especially just to get paid $20 an hour. You can easily get $40 an hour tutoring privately if you're going to work that few hours a week.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Street Settlement (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview, it was for a summer seasonal job. They hired every single person for the job. There were people there that clearly didn't belong. Seems like they were desperate for employees.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had one kid that just didn't cooperate?   1 Answer

Activity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Street Settlement (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard. Interview, follow up interview, hire. The interviewer admired my work with previous educational institutions, and strongly hinted at the chance for advancement was linked to my outside UNPAID activities for the center. The activities, beautifully completed, were not rewarded and have not been continued since the end of my contract. Misleading and deceptive.

Interview Questions

• Not really. Just make sure to use "educational" terms in your answers. ex: "participant" "challenged communities" etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer a specialized trade and flout relevant work history to land a higher paying position from the start. Potential for promotion once hired is nearly impossible.

Clubhouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Street Settlement (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

It was unprofessional, the interviewers spent a majority of the interview on their phones.

Interview Questions

• Where does this company fit into your future?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to design websites?   1 Answer