Grange Insurance (Columbus) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grange Insurance (Columbus) Interview Questions

Interviews at Grange Insurance (Columbus)

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus) (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Phone screen for soft skills, followed by 1:1 with another developer. General questions were asked and we dove into some technical topics, but overall the process wasn't terribly technical and was pretty much just a conversation about my background and experience with various items in their tech stack or related concepts.

Everyone involved was very nice, but the interview process just seemed way too easy. Might not seem so bad to some, but minimally technical interviews for high level development positions are a bit of a red flag to me, as it makes me think they're more interested in getting bodies in the door over fully vetting their candidates. Their offer was good, but I received a better offer the same day that better aligned with my preferred work environment, and took that instead.

Their office is very nice, and is located in a wonderful part of Columbus.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus) (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

There were four total interviews, one with the hiring manager (one hour) and then three more with the Director, an associate, and another sit down with the manager (20 minutes each). There was also a 30-minute case study done before the first sit-down interview, regarding a social media campaign. Limited resources available during the case.

In the end, they narrowed the field to two people, but in the middle of the hiring decision, combined the roll with another roll that they were hiring for, which completely disregarded several things that I had personally prepared for the interview. This is actually the second Grange job where an internal shakeup has completely changed the job for which I was interviewing DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS and as a result, there was no offer given.

Interview Questions

• Typical communications questions, including past work, situational questions and behavioral questions, as well as details on projects and personal questions as normal.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus) (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

First had initial phone screen with one of the actuarial managers, and pretty much just went through my resume and asked questions about it, especially prior experiences directly related to actuarial work (coursework, exams, classes). Then had four separate one on one interviews in a row on site, with various managers and supervisors who work in personal, commercial, and corporate actuarial. Was asked about my experience at school, my exams, prior work experience, community service, extra curriculars, etc. Was also asked specifically about my excel, access, and programming experience, as well as a fairly simple math problem and asked to explain my thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus).

Interview

I had 4 interviewers for the on-site interview. Basically they all had me gone through my resume. Some tended to talk more while some tended to listen. They really had a lot of time for me to ask questions, so it's better to do a lot of research about the company and the industry.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me? (I answered this 4 times...)   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus) (Columbus, OH) in May 2008.

Interview

After interning in the Project Management Office and being turned away twice in two years (due to management's decision to look externally and to fill the position only if a candidate had a PMP certificiation) I had begun to interview elsewhere. The acceptance criteria was changed and I was notified of the opening just prior to its posting. Within the three weeks, after competing with other internal candidate(s), an offer was made and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• A manager of a department who I worked with and who previously had not endorsed me for the position, now provided a positive recommendation.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Four rounds of interview started with the recruiter and concluded with a combination of hiring manager and team. While very involved, gave a really good snapshot of the company and team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage a particularly complex project.   Answer Question

Field Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus) (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Phone interview, usual questions. Have had prior phone interviews and there was nothing different with Grange. Just didn't like being called for an interview without a scheduled appointment. Grange was the only company that would do something like that. I think is was a good however so I wouldn't waste much time with a company like that.

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus).

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview with someone from HR and then an in person interview that lasted about 4 hours and involved many upper management associates. They asked a lot of situational based questions and wanted to know how I would handle different tasks.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle transitioning from my current role at another company into a new role with Grange.   Answer Question

Programmer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus) in December 2009.

Interview

Employee referral, followed by 1:1 interview and offer.

Negotiation

good

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grange Insurance (Columbus) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a response within 2 days, interviewer was very forthcoming in details about the requirements for the position and was overall very open about the process. Seemed very passionate about his job