Granite City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Granite City Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.0

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite City.

Interview

The experience is very easy especially if you have worked in the service industry before, preferably at a high volume restaurant. If you have that experience all you have to do is show that and you'll get the job. If you don't you won't.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions they will ask are about your background, experience in the industry, and your availability. If you're looking for a short-term deal to make some money they won't hire you if they feel like you'll be gone in the next 6 months.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite City (Saint Cloud, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

great,informative and very easy. Met with two management team members and both had great questions for me and answered all of mine. They seemed very satisfied with all of my answers and will be moving things on to a second interview. They were understanding and supportive of giving my current employer appropriate notice.

Interview Questions

• my availability and my goals   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Granite City (Lincoln, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

I went in for the interview. Talked with one of the managers. Gave me some insight on the restaurant. I was hired on the spot. Talked with the general manager after.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for granite city?
      what is the most important thing when it comes to the customers?
      what is my serving background?   Answer Question

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite City (Troy, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process at first was long, as you have to complete a pretty in-depth survey, but soon after completion I was contacted and then was hired on the spot. The manager asked me typical questions and didn't go too in-depth as to what I enjoy or what my hobbies are. It was more geared towards what I can bring to the table and how I can benefit the team. Also, I didn't have any experience, so it was necessary to convey my ability to speak well with patrons and express myself as an outgoing, quick learning person.

Interview Questions

• What is your day to day attitude and will you let outside factors influence your work?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Granite City (Franklin, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was really laid back. I first interviewed with the hostess manager who was super friendly and easy going, and then I interviewed with the owner of the store. We just talked about me being vegan and my past work experiences.

Server & Head Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite City.

Interview

It was a simple process with basic questions about your experience and as to why you'd be a good fit with the company. I went in for the interview when they were having open interviews because it was a new store. I met with two hiring managers and process went quick.

Interview Questions

• I would say most of the questions were expected and there weren't really any to throw you off. The one I'd say that I had to think about just because I couldn't say the answer I obviously wanted to was what was your worst guest experience. Otherwise the questions include employment history, what do you expect out of your manager and so on.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite City (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

I sat down with one of the managing partners and first went through small talk and then got into situational questions. Then we talked about why the service industry, and I was offered the position on the spot. I was asked what I needed for pay, and was given an offer, and I called back after to give my answer.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Granite City (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview process, followed by a walk through at one of the Company stores and another in person interview at that time. Personality profile testing was done on a website, and once the results were analyzed that was followed with three person panel interview in the Home Office of the Company head quarters.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Granite City (Maumee, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Was VERY casual. Had one interview where she just asked about my life and if I had any restaurant experience, which I did not. The n described the job and offered me a start date.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite City (Orland Park, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a brief conversation with the assistant manager, who was polite and attentive and made an effort to get to know me as well as compare my prior experience to their particular needs in an employee. Although it was a quick interview, I felt as though I was respected and sincerely considered for their available position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in serving? Would you like to eventually serve? Are you a problem solver?   1 Answer