Granite City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Granite City

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite City.

Interview

The experience is very easy especially if you have worked in the service industry before, preferably at a high volume restaurant. If you have that experience all you have to do is show that and you'll get the job. If you don't you won't.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions they will ask are about your background, experience in the industry, and your availability. If you're looking for a short-term deal to make some money they won't hire you if they feel like you'll be gone in the next 6 months.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite City (Saint Cloud, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

great,informative and very easy. Met with two management team members and both had great questions for me and answered all of mine. They seemed very satisfied with all of my answers and will be moving things on to a second interview. They were understanding and supportive of giving my current employer appropriate notice.

Interview Questions

• my availability and my goals   1 Answer

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite City (Troy, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process at first was long, as you have to complete a pretty in-depth survey, but soon after completion I was contacted and then was hired on the spot. The manager asked me typical questions and didn't go too in-depth as to what I enjoy or what my hobbies are. It was more geared towards what I can bring to the table and how I can benefit the team. Also, I didn't have any experience, so it was necessary to convey my ability to speak well with patrons and express myself as an outgoing, quick learning person.

Interview Questions

• What is your day to day attitude and will you let outside factors influence your work?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Granite City (Franklin, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was really laid back. I first interviewed with the hostess manager who was super friendly and easy going, and then I interviewed with the owner of the store. We just talked about me being vegan and my past work experiences.

Server & Head Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite City.

Interview

It was a simple process with basic questions about your experience and as to why you'd be a good fit with the company. I went in for the interview when they were having open interviews because it was a new store. I met with two hiring managers and process went quick.

Interview Questions

• I would say most of the questions were expected and there weren't really any to throw you off. The one I'd say that I had to think about just because I couldn't say the answer I obviously wanted to was what was your worst guest experience. Otherwise the questions include employment history, what do you expect out of your manager and so on.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite City (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

I sat down with one of the managing partners and first went through small talk and then got into situational questions. Then we talked about why the service industry, and I was offered the position on the spot. I was asked what I needed for pay, and was given an offer, and I called back after to give my answer.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite City (Orland Park, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a brief conversation with the assistant manager, who was polite and attentive and made an effort to get to know me as well as compare my prior experience to their particular needs in an employee. Although it was a quick interview, I felt as though I was respected and sincerely considered for their available position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in serving? Would you like to eventually serve? Are you a problem solver?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Granite City (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

They will usually make calls every one to two months so they won't call you immediately unless you time it right. The general manager of the store calls you and tells you a day for interviews and you set a time. You go there and the host will tell you that she will go and get the manager and then you wait for them to come down which is about 5-10 minutes while you can choose to make awkward small talk with the bored host or not it does not matter if you talk to them or not, they don't matter in the process. Then you will go sit somewhere in the atrium or a table and it is really simple. They ask if you've ever worked with people or in a restaurant then they just ask your schedule. Getting accepted as a host is easy because they are pretty much always short on hosts so they take whatever they get.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone above and beyond for your employer?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite City (Maple Grove, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

Comfortable atmosphere, did not wait long for management to start interview process. General questions about experience. Questions about availability and knowledge of company. It was about 10 minutes long, extensive in house training of menu and beer. Prepares you for success.

Managing Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Granite City (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

standard interview questions. first a phone screen by corporate. Then a one on one with a regional. Also interview with director of operations. The final interview was with a group including the DO, Regional Manager and a Store Managing Partner.

Interview Questions

• The questions were general in nature, why are you leaving, time in position, etc?   Answer Question