Granite Telecommunications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Granite Telecommunications Interview Questions

Interviews at Granite Telecommunications

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Received a call to schedule a short phone screening. During the phone screen was asked a couple questions about myself and what I know about the company. Was then scheduled go in for an in person interview the following week. For the in person interview, met with the recruiter who gave me the run down of who I'll be meeting with. Then met with the team supervisor who asked me some questions about myself then explained a little bit about the role I'm interviewing for. After that I met briefly with the VP for some additional questions and he walked me out to the front door for the conclusion of the interview. Was contacted the next day with an offer to start asap.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a later start date and a slightly higher pay rate.

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

A recruiter got me the interview. Spoke initially with the lead recruiter at Granite, whom frankly had a really abrasive attitude and seemed to be looking for a reason to turn up his nose at me. After he left, I waited 20 minutes to speak with the manager, whom was much more pleasant. I was asked very basic behavioral questions, they basically tell you that the 3 month contract they start you on is how they gauge you. I received an offer early next week but declined it because I had heard what an awful place Granite is to work for.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by corporate recruiter. Interviewed with them, then asked to meet face-to-face with VP of Sales. Then asked to meet with two people that would be my peers. Each interview ended extremely positive, (as interviewers openly stated), but then I had to request, (several times) for an update. They finally responded with 'We will not be moving forward'. Almost felt like the interview process was a fact finding mission, looking for new ideas (externally).

Interview Questions

• If you felt that someone from your team would be best suited for a role outside of the company, would you inform them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was great and very comfortable actually. I met with two people in the same day and they both was extremely nice and professional. After that they contacted the agency and asked to go for a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people the first lady was very nice and sweet , but the second lady which was one of the managers was very rude i got up to shake her hands . she was doing her own thing i was just standing there awkwardly. She would cut me off as i am answering the questions, she was staring at me trying to intimidate me and would stop saying how hard the job was ( WELL DUH) anyways it was a bad experience and i am glad i was not hired.

Interview Questions

• be prepared for a scenario and you are expected to reply within seconds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a woman from their recruiting department and was asked a lot of your standard questions in an interview. She then left and brought in the Manager of the department I'd be working in. There were more questions that you'd find on any online search for questions you'd be asked in an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a manager   1 Answer
    • Can you work as part of team or do you prefer to work alone   Answer Question
    • Rank the following three in importance to you in a workplace, compesation, work environment, growth opportunity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Very easy. Just be yourself and the interview will be fine. Make sure to ask lots of question at the end. I went through a recruiter to get an interview for this position. First had an interview with the recruiter and then Granite

Interview Questions

• Why would you be interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

An independent recruiter found my resume online and landed me the interview at Granite Telecommunications. I met with one of the internal recruiters and gave me a preliminary interview. Felt a good rapport and I felt confident with my responses. The hiring manager was the complete opposite. Barely made eye contact with me and jotted down every single thing I said. I left the interview thinking it did not go well.

Interview Questions

• What's something you would change about your current role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Met with the in house recruiter, and then met with the Manager would I would be reporting to. They both went through a series of questions, mainly just asked what I was doing at each job. They spoke a lot about Granite as a company, what the job was, expectations etc. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my previous work history, what I was doing at each company   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Granite?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. You meet one on one with a hiring manager for the position and they ask you questions about yourself. The positions are good for a new career and get your feet wet in the business world. Granite is a company that you gain experience and utilize that experience to receive other offers elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they set the price.