Granite Telecommunications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Granite Telecommunications Interview Questions

Interviews at Granite Telecommunications

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

You meet with multiples people. They ask you a lot of the same questions but each person make ask it in a different kind of way. There are a lot of management changes so you may have to deal with different supervisors. The questions are fairly easy, but they want to see your personality more than anything

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was great and very comfortable actually. I met with two people in the same day and they both was extremely nice and professional. After that they contacted the agency and asked to go for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Pretty brief interview, pretty straightforward questions, they don't expect you to know too much about telecom beforehand
    Very standard interview questions
    Met with 2 employees, supervisor and a senior member of the team
    Interview only lasted about an hour
    Not a lot of prep time needed - and they typically only hire temp to perm through a staffing company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Very straightforward. I arrived at their office and met with their recruiting manager. They then had me interview with the person I would be reporting to directly. Very simple questions, they are easy to answer if you just tell them what they are looking for. They were pretty easy to talk to, and the whole interview took about 45 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest mistake you have made professionally?   Answer Question
    • If we gave you a blank pen and paper what would you write or draw?   Answer Question

After reading reviews on Glassdoor and learning about the company culture it didn't seem like a good fit. Also, they only give you 24 hours to decide on an offer.

Premier Account Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

Interview

You apply through a staffing agency and your interview will be set though them, met with a recruiter and the two managers of the position. They will then contact your staffing agency to let them know if you received an offer not not

Interview Questions

• very easy questions, like How do you deal with difficult customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. You meet one on one with a hiring manager for the position and they ask you questions about yourself. The positions are good for a new career and get your feet wet in the business world. Granite is a company that you gain experience and utilize that experience to receive other offers elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they set the price.

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

It's more of a conversation than an interview. Not difficult to get in the door. They ask a few very basic interview questions and then you can ask them some questions as well. My recruiter told me how to answer the questions. As long as you dress professionally and act cordially you will get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Briefly meet a recruiter here. Must go temp to perm so 3 months through a temp agency. Then you interview with a Supervisor. They called the recruiter about 15 minutes after the interview with an offer. They simply ask you why you want the job and if you can see yourself here for a while. They ask to describle your strengths and why you think you'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (Quincy, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

My understanding is that nearly all new hires at Granite must first go through temp agency and completed their contract (~3 months) with that temp-agency before they are offered permanent employment. The interview process itself was pretty straight forward, there is was interview with a experienced person at the company lasting ~20 minutes and a second with a manger that lasted ~3 minutes. My temp agency recommended that bring a pad of paper and take notes, and that I read the website in detail, but it's really quite simple: they are a telecom wholesaler. The have contracts with big-name phone companies to get services at a discounted rate, and in exchange they take over administration and billing.

Know what products they offer, know "Premier" means, sell them on the fact that you can handle difficult customers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about difficult customer-service experience you've encountered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good luck negotiating. There is a standard process in place and few people are in position to do thing differently, especially when it comes to hiring temps. The attitude is that you should be happy for an opportunity to get your foot in the door.

Anonymous Employee in North Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Granite Telecommunications (North Quincy, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

You have to be hired through a temp agency, then a recruiter from the job contacts you and schedules an interview. You meet with the recruiter and then two other supervisors from the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult at all, they'll just pull a point from your resume that they feel relates to the current role and they'll question you about how you handle disgruntle customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it's through a temp agency so it is what it is.