Grant MacEwan College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant MacEwan College

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant MacEwan College (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. It was about an hour interview consisting of soft skill questions as well as technical questions regarding apps.

Interview Questions

• What people skills could you bring to this position and how would you apply them on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grant MacEwan College (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was never interviewed. I was a student in the program. When I graduated, I was offered a number of courses to teach. As far as I know, few sessionals go through an interview process. It is a who do you do kind of hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Education Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant MacEwan College (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2007.

Interview

Initially contacted for interview via email. Confirmed by phone.
    Panel consisted of 7 people for a low level management position. Had the impression that most had little or nothing to do with the position or responsibilities at hand. Subordinates also on panel. Routine questions, lackluster atmosphere, main hirer seemed rushed, humourless, out of his depth. Toward the end a few jokes on my behalf seemed to lighten the mood. Interview last 45 minutes.
    Accepted the position after an initial lowball offer ($20, 000 than the highest paid staff that I would be reporting to me!). No orientation given just some photocopies of benefits plan. No probation updates and nothing acknowledged at the 9 month mark.
    Overall impression is one of poor HR policies and procedures, extremely unprofessional culture, out dated position responsibilities, irregular 8 year gaps between performance reviews, disorganized,

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • walk us through your resume...   1 Answer

Negotiation

amateurish, ill informed,
    Explain what you are used to compensation, know the pay and benefits for your field relative to other insititions