Grant Thornton Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Accountant

Grant Thornton Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

Accountant Interview

Interview

HORRIBLE! I got an e-mail requesting a time for a phone interview. I replied an hour after i got the e-mail. NEVER heard back from him then found out the position was filled. At least have the courtesy to email me.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR. The beginning of the conversation went well when discussing my background and experience but once we discussed salary requirements the conversation was cut short. I had mentioned to HR that the salary was low compared to the market average for this type of position and she ended the conversation there. I did not even get a chance to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you face certain challenges coming into a new position?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was very sweet and amiable. Though I was not given a second interview, I walked away with a positive feeling about the interviewer and the company.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Initial screening phase began with HR representative that conducted a phone interview that took 20 minutes. After passing that phase was invited to interview in person with a senior manager and partner at the university campus. Interview was very informal and did not feel the pressure of a regular interview. After the interview, was contacted via telephone of offer. People at Grant Thornton are very friendly and have a a down-to-earth culture that is not too corporate.

Interview Questions

• What did you do during a time in your life where everything went wrong? and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

Casual interview with a Partner. Discussion about my grades and what I do in my spare time. He questioned some details of my resume. No behavioral questions or anything of that sort. It seemed like there was no fixed guideline for how the interview needed to go from their end. Having worked with the company for a while I know that every interviewer has their own process for how they want the interview to go and then they discuss as a group later on with input from the employees who were paired with that candidate during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I see you got a low grade in a certain accounting course. Why?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Digital interview with 3 questions. You use a program call Hirevue and there are pre recorded questions. Gives you thirty seconds to prepare before it starts recording you. You can practise using the process before the actual interview.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

I rec'd two an email 1 week after I submitted my online application to record a video interview. I personally didn't feel comfortable with this process as the there was not enough time to record your answer. The questions were not generic but not skill related either. Overall this was my 1st experience ever recording video interview Thus I might not have used the right approch.

Interview Questions

• what is the current economic condition of the city you live in and how it impacts you   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2018.

Interview

Video interview online, mandatory. You have 30seconds to prepare for each question and 1min30sec to answer each. You dont know the question before. You will get an email link for the inyerview

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online and about a week later was told to do the online interview. The interview was fairly standard but I did not receive an offer at the end.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was very conversational and friendly. I was interviewed by a Senior Manager and HR representative. Not very technical although some behavioral questions were asked. Everything was friendly and warm. The interview lasted approximately forty five minutes.