Grant Thornton Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR. The beginning of the conversation went well when discussing my background and experience but once we discussed salary requirements the conversation was cut short. I had mentioned to HR that the salary was low compared to the market average for this type of position and she ended the conversation there. I did not even get a chance to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you face certain challenges coming into a new position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Accountant Interview

Interview

HORRIBLE! I got an e-mail requesting a time for a phone interview. I replied an hour after i got the e-mail. NEVER heard back from him then found out the position was filled. At least have the courtesy to email me.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was very sweet and amiable. Though I was not given a second interview, I walked away with a positive feeling about the interviewer and the company.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

digital interview,got three questions, limited time, a little bit difficult.These three questions are similar to some questions online, but they are not same. Preparation is not useful.Before interview, people can practice several times.

Interview Questions

• the most unusual things you did? (can't remember details)   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

very short quick turnaround, not a lot of technical questions, mostly about personality and character, and how you would work and get along with other people at the company.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Initial screening phase began with HR representative that conducted a phone interview that took 20 minutes. After passing that phase was invited to interview in person with a senior manager and partner at the university campus. Interview was very informal and did not feel the pressure of a regular interview. After the interview, was contacted via telephone of offer. People at Grant Thornton are very friendly and have a a down-to-earth culture that is not too corporate.

Interview Questions

• What did you do during a time in your life where everything went wrong? and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

Casual interview with a Partner. Discussion about my grades and what I do in my spare time. He questioned some details of my resume. No behavioral questions or anything of that sort. It seemed like there was no fixed guideline for how the interview needed to go from their end. Having worked with the company for a while I know that every interviewer has their own process for how they want the interview to go and then they discuss as a group later on with input from the employees who were paired with that candidate during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I see you got a low grade in a certain accounting course. Why?   1 Answer