Grant Thornton Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

My interview was nice and quick. I was refereed on a Monday, got a call that day and interviewed on Thursday. I was called with an offer on Monday. I interviewed with two people in person and three people over the phone. They all asked the same questions and they were nice over the phone. Once I got the job and worked for a couple of months, there was no more nice-ness!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle confrontation in the workplace?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Would like to say I got an interview at Grant Thornton but I didn't. I received a message from Grant Thornton HR asking if I was still interested in the position I had applied for 2 months prior. I called back multiple times and sent emails with no response. I then received an email from Grant Thornton Recruiting saying that my resume was no longer being looked at. Highly unprofessional to call someone and never return a call back. I was even referred to the position by another Grant Thornton employee.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online, about two weeks later i was contacted to do a digital interview. This was fine, mostly behavioral questions. About a week later I did a phone interview, mostly talked through my resume and what sort of management styles I like. The first face to face was with the office people manager and a woman from HR. It was basically an extended version of the phone interview. Mainly behavioral questions. However, it was at this point that they explained the role in a bit more detail. I was told I'd essentially be an assistant to 4 of the partners. I felt like the atmosphere changed a bit when they spoke about the partners and in hindsight I realize they were trying to warn me about them.

I was asked to come in the following day to meet wit two of the partners. From the minute I sat down with them I felt like they were trying to intimidate me. They asked what would I do if they both came to me demanding I help them with separate tasks. I tried to give a basic answer about time management and team work skills but they kept interrupting me saying NO. Eventually I just sat there and said I don't know what you want me to say. They told me they want me to tell one of them to F off and I have to be okay with that. They went on to say that I cant be running to HR every time someone curses or shouts at me because HR already hate them... One of the strangest interviews I've ever sat through. I held my own for the hour and 30 minutes I was there but had to laugh when I left about how ridiculous they were. I'm not easily offended and have worked in customer service roles for years so I can take some abuse being thrown at me but this was very unprofessional and honestly a bit worrying.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle management cursing at you?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Markham, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process would usually involve two people - it will always be the partner you are supporting and the HR manager (OR your "work coach"). They tend to bring you to the nicest and biggest meeting room in the office, the two interviewers would be sitting together and across from you. The partner would be the one asking all the questions whereas the HR manager/work coach would be in charge of writing down all your answers. Overall, the questions that they are asked in the interview were very generic, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton? Why do you want to work for us? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Explain in detail what you did at your previous workplace.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave [insert previous company that you've worked for]?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with difficult people in general? Or at work?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer