Grant Thornton Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I interviewed at my school. There were two back to back interviews which essentially counted as round one and round two so that students don't have to go back for an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I applied for a position in the global public sector (federal) as oppose to the other positions that they had available which may not have been in the global public center.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2016.

Interview

First Interview- Asked basic info about me, why I wanted to work in advisory, and offered me the chance to ask questions. I got the interview through an employee's referral. The recruiting manager was nice and eager to let me know all she could about Grant Thornton

Interview Questions

• Information about myself, why supply chain, a couple behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Campus hire. First round on campus . 2 behavioral interviews. 30 mins interviews with typical situational questions. They were constant about trying to find right fit where people could speak well as consultants. No skills tested. Got a call for final round on site. 3 more 45 mins behavioral interviews. Only behavioral questions. No case or quiz or brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• What did you do during conflict of schedule for two different projects   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

I interviewed for the business consultant position. The first round was a behavioral on campus interview that was very conversational. Nothing technical or too difficult. The second round was at their office in Chicago. Again, the interviews were very relaxed and conversational. Nothing tricky or difficult.

Interview Questions

• If a previous group members were in the room without you, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and through my school's career services center. A week after applying I heard back about the invitation for in person interviews.The interview consisted of all behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was a recruited through my campus.

I dropped my resume and was selected for an interview. The night before my interview GT held a social and I was able to meet my interviewer. The next day I was able to walk into my interview already knowing the man across the table and had more of a conversation and overview of GT culture and opportunities.
    I was then invited to an office visit. Again, there was a social the night before and I was able to interact with other GT advisory associates, managers, and partners. The next day I was given a tour of the office and had 3 more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing a previous employer say you are really good at, and one thing they would say you could improve on?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

1st round interview on campus that went alright. The manager that interviewed me did not seem like I was the right fit for the role and kept talking about switching me to another practice, which she ended up doing. The process was also extremely drawn out and I was left in the dark. I had to follow-up with the recruiter (who is an angel by the way, shout out to her!) multiple times until I was told that I did not advance to the final round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

30 minute one-on-one interview at my school, then was asked back to Grant Thornton for a second interview process. I met with three other senior associates for three separate 30-minute interviews. We sat in a conference room with other applicants and a few senior associates if we had a gap in between interviews. I got there at 9am, then had to wait 2 hours before my next 2 interviews, which were back to back. The associates sitting with us in the conference room asked us some interviews "off the record" but it was clear that answers were important.

Interview Questions

• Choose a past/current work experience that you think has prepared you for this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

After speaking to recruiters at the my school's career fair, I applied to the Advisory Associate's position through my schools career website. I received an email 2 weeks later to schedule an on campus interview. The day of my interview, I was greeted by recently hired associates who socialized with the interview candidates. The process itself consisted of 2 back-to-back, half hour interviews. One was with a senior manager and the other was with a manager. There were specific questions about experiences on my resume as well as behavioral interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Campus Recruiting then office interviews in Charlotte. Behavioral on campus then behavioral and case at the office site. Overall positive experience, the interviewer was professional and represented the firm well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard