Grant Thornton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, in-person interview with two managers and a senior associate. The process was quick; both interviews were within a week. There were no case-studies or presentations required.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed right out of college. Behavioral, technical, and happy hour interview. Don't be fooled, the happy hour is an interview. Partners and other interviewers were fairly casual, and made me feel at ease. Relative to big four interviews, Grant Thornton's was much less nerve wracking. I did not feel like I was being challenged.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Not overly difficult. If you've been selected to interview you know that you at least meet the strict requirements for employment. Usually the interview consists of three separate interviews with manager to partner level employees at the firm. They ask general questions provided by human resources and are free to mix in questions of their own. Overall, the interview process was daunting at first, but ended up being rather easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team environment. How did manage the expectations of the group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, interviewed on client site a week later, and was hired the next day. More often than not though, prospective employees would be brought to GT corporate first to have a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand how consulting works, and recognize that you are reporting to both the client and a corporate entity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview - initial in person interview on campus followed by an assessment test in the office and 3 more interviews. Mostly around fit, but a few technical questions here and there.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Normally a recruiter will contact you. Referral is the best way. The interview process entails a meeting with a Manager and a Partner. The interview process can take up to 2 hours. Grant Thornton looks for motivated individuals with the right attitude. As long as you can display those qualities, the skillset and past experience can be worked with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Will sometimes ask you a question in regards to particular skills and experience that you might not have experience in. They want to see how confident you are in answering the question and your honesty. Not knowing is not a negative.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All negotiations are dealt through the recruiter. Although they compensate well for your experience, they will not budge too much on there final offer.

Associate Interview

Interview

Great experience during the interview. The interviewer was great and really knew a lot about the company. They also provided real on-the-job examples of experiences with clients and kept open communication throughout the process. The only con was that I did not get the opportunity for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience working with the public sector?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Rosslyn, VA).

Interview

My process is much longer than the usual ones. I applied for a position maybe last year and received a call from a recruiter but that's where it ended.

They kept my resume on file and earlier this year I applied for another job. I spoke to a recruiter on the phone and 2-3 managers as well. I was then called to meet a manager in person which went well. About 3 weeks later, I received an offer and was extremely happy :-)

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?

Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2018.

Interview

Straightforward process, was contacted by recruiter to schedule a first round interview as well as a pre-interview dinner the night before. Interview was 2 30 minute time slots, both mainly asking behavioral questions. The questions were pretty simple and everyone that I met was extremely friendly.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.