Grant Thornton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, interviewed on client site a week later, and was hired the next day. More often than not though, prospective employees would be brought to GT corporate first to have a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand how consulting works, and recognize that you are reporting to both the client and a corporate entity?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Williamsburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I scheduled the interview through campus recruiting, and I had two 30-minute interviews. Both interviewers really tried to make the process more conversational, and the questions were mostly behavioral. They ask about your interests, why you think you suit the position, etc. They were very friendly and courteous, and all of the employees seemed to have good relationships with one another.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

3 face to face interviews. First interview was with a Senior Associate, Second interview was with a Manager, Third interview was with the Partner. All were behavioral interviews in a laid back setting.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

For the Associate level, Grant Thornton generally hires through on campus recruiting. However, it is possible to meet hiring managers in different service lines by pursuing networking events such as professional organizations.

Interview Questions

• My interview process had several fit questions one would expect such as: strength and weakness; provide an example of when you went over and beyond on a project; please discuss a time when you had to overcome diversity to accomplish your goal; what is your greatest accomplishment, and discuss; discuss any team projects you have (ties into other questions); On this team project, how did you manage someone who did not complete their assignment   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

I had two on campus interviews before I received an offer. Both were behavioral. They were focused on how well you worked in teams and the candidates particular interest. I was then flown out to the home office to met managers and associates and others who recently received offers. The culture was warm and vibrant. Grant Thornton seemed like a good place to work. I was sold after the office visit. I later accepted the offer a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, in-person interview with two managers and a senior associate. The process was quick; both interviews were within a week. There were no case-studies or presentations required.

Associate Interview

Interview

Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Campus interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you realized you made a mistake and had to correct it. How did you handle it and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent. Take it or leave it.