Grant Thornton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview - initial in person interview on campus followed by an assessment test in the office and 3 more interviews. Mostly around fit, but a few technical questions here and there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

interview involved group interview with other applicants which involved practical problem solving task and an information session, then one on one interview with a senior manager which was relatively informal. made to feel comfortable through the whole process, good HR support with questions which arose during the process.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, interviewed on client site a week later, and was hired the next day. More often than not though, prospective employees would be brought to GT corporate first to have a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand how consulting works, and recognize that you are reporting to both the client and a corporate entity?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Panaji (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

GD and then interview. gd topic was "gd is essential for hiring or no" I thought i did reasonably well but was not selected eventually. Maybe they put a lot of emphasis on CV as well which they mentioned during the talk.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Not overly difficult. If you've been selected to interview you know that you at least meet the strict requirements for employment. Usually the interview consists of three separate interviews with manager to partner level employees at the firm. They ask general questions provided by human resources and are free to mix in questions of their own. Overall, the interview process was daunting at first, but ended up being rather easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team environment. How did manage the expectations of the group?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

They were very clear in what position they were offering and what potentials does a candidate require. They wanted a candidate who has prior work experience from corporations and Big 4s.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed right out of college. Behavioral, technical, and happy hour interview. Don't be fooled, the happy hour is an interview. Partners and other interviewers were fairly casual, and made me feel at ease. Relative to big four interviews, Grant Thornton's was much less nerve wracking. I did not feel like I was being challenged.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, in-person interview with two managers and a senior associate. The process was quick; both interviews were within a week. There were no case-studies or presentations required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Williamsburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I scheduled the interview through campus recruiting, and I had two 30-minute interviews. Both interviewers really tried to make the process more conversational, and the questions were mostly behavioral. They ask about your interests, why you think you suit the position, etc. They were very friendly and courteous, and all of the employees seemed to have good relationships with one another.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

I had two on campus interviews before I received an offer. Both were behavioral. They were focused on how well you worked in teams and the candidates particular interest. I was then flown out to the home office to met managers and associates and others who recently received offers. The culture was warm and vibrant. Grant Thornton seemed like a good place to work. I was sold after the office visit. I later accepted the offer a week later.