Grant Thornton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2016

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Panaji (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

GD and then interview. gd topic was "gd is essential for hiring or no" I thought i did reasonably well but was not selected eventually. Maybe they put a lot of emphasis on CV as well which they mentioned during the talk.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Not overly difficult. If you've been selected to interview you know that you at least meet the strict requirements for employment. Usually the interview consists of three separate interviews with manager to partner level employees at the firm. They ask general questions provided by human resources and are free to mix in questions of their own. Overall, the interview process was daunting at first, but ended up being rather easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team environment. How did manage the expectations of the group?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

They were very clear in what position they were offering and what potentials does a candidate require. They wanted a candidate who has prior work experience from corporations and Big 4s.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed right out of college. Behavioral, technical, and happy hour interview. Don't be fooled, the happy hour is an interview. Partners and other interviewers were fairly casual, and made me feel at ease. Relative to big four interviews, Grant Thornton's was much less nerve wracking. I did not feel like I was being challenged.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, in-person interview with two managers and a senior associate. The process was quick; both interviews were within a week. There were no case-studies or presentations required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Williamsburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I scheduled the interview through campus recruiting, and I had two 30-minute interviews. Both interviewers really tried to make the process more conversational, and the questions were mostly behavioral. They ask about your interests, why you think you suit the position, etc. They were very friendly and courteous, and all of the employees seemed to have good relationships with one another.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

I had two on campus interviews before I received an offer. Both were behavioral. They were focused on how well you worked in teams and the candidates particular interest. I was then flown out to the home office to met managers and associates and others who recently received offers. The culture was warm and vibrant. Grant Thornton seemed like a good place to work. I was sold after the office visit. I later accepted the offer a week later.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

3 face to face interviews. First interview was with a Senior Associate, Second interview was with a Manager, Third interview was with the Partner. All were behavioral interviews in a laid back setting.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

A phone interview asking me basic questions like if I have drive, why I would like to work here, etc... Then an in office interview that lasted 45 minutes. It was more like a conversation about my resume.

Interview Questions

• How was this experience like (experiences on my resume)?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.