Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.7

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2017.

Interview

Met at my school's career fair. Chatted with some of the professionals and eventually got invited to an office visit/ interview. Overall, they were very friendly and it was fairly laid back, probably due to the office being a bit smaller. Usually behavioral questions are asked, but it was really just conversation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school and had two 30 minute interviews on campus. After that there's a second round of interviews at the office. After the second round, you either get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Seamless process from on-campus interview to office visit. Spoke with three individuals - one recruiting, one manager and one partner. All questions were behavioral in nature, and it was much more a conversation than skills assessment to get an idea if you were a good fit with the firm. Was asked to walk through resume during the interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were challenged in a group/team setting, and the resulting solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds. The first round took place in Chapel Hill. This was a sort of Super Day where they interviewed many candidates from the program. The second round consisted of interviews at the office in your city of preference.

Interview Questions

• In our business, we have to tell a lot of people that they are doing something wrong. Describe a time when you had to tell someone they were doing something incorrectly.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was conducted with a partner. conversational, no technical questions. lasted about 30 minutes. next round i was brought in on a office visit and interviewed 3 times by various levels throughout the say

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. Initially, the process went smooth and I received a call that I had gotten an offer. After a couple of weeks I checked up and still didn't receive it. Recently, GT asked me if I was "still interested" and I said yes and I haven't heard back and that was two weeks ago. Their public sector is ok tho lol

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I had the on-campus interview at my university. I was invited back for an interview in their local office. I was later offered the position, and I accepted the offer. It was a very straight forward process from the beginning. The recruiters kept us informed with everything that would take place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, got the email to interview at a certain date, then at the interview, interviewer reviewed resume/transcript and asked behavioral questions. then they would email you the within the next few days to tell you if you were selected.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended a Meet the Firms event in San Francisco and submitted my resume after getting face time with a recruiter and several associates. I was invited for a first interview and met with a senior manager. I was then invited to a social dinner and all-day office visit interview.
    The social dinner was a great opportunity for all candidates (interns, full-time, audit, tax) to meet entry level associates who can relate a little more to the candidates and offer their viewpoints on office culture and opportunities. The interview itself was not bad, and Grant Thornton was very welcoming and I definitely would have worked there if I had not accepted an offer elsewhere.
    My tip would be to really genuinely get to know everyone during the interview process. Don't consider it an interrogation, because it's an opportunity for you to interview the firm as much of it is vice versa.
    From what I've noticed, the interviewers genuinely want to get to know you so try building rapport with them before/during/after the interview!

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions: conflict resolution, teamwork, leadership.   Answer Question