Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

I was greeted by one of the HR assistants and was given an interview schedule for the morning, as I was meeting with one of the partners, a manager, and a senior associate. The interviews were pretty standard, and I was asked about my previous work experience, the types of clients that I'd worked with, industries that I was interested in, and how I preferred to be managed. The interviewers were friendly, and I felt comfortable talking with them.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that is better than anyone else?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through university recruitment. Initial round of interview was behavior questions. In second round of interview there were more technical types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when there was ambiguities in you work and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

First communications began at a Meet the Mid-Size Firms event, after applying online through schools career services I found out I was chosen as an interview candidate. A pre-interview event was held before first rounds and they hosted a pre-interview event at a restaurant in the city 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life you had to deal with a difficult person in a group project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

First round was on campus - pleasant and easy. Then a dinner with the partner and staff and other applicants before the second round of interviews in the office. Received an offer pretty quickly from the partner, but he did not take kindly to the fact that I was awaiting other offers. I eventually declined for a better opportunity and was treated extremely rudely by the partner when calling to decline. Glad I didn't join.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - just normal HR soft skill questions   Answer Question

Better opportunities (big 4) and rude, smug partner.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through my on campus career office and was sent an email saying I was granted a first round interview. Interview was pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions. I received a second round interview which is actually tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• This is all about you so you will be doing most of the talking. Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

This was a very good interview experience. The whole process was neatly done and very professional. Although the company is close to being Big 4, the staff and partners were very friendly and tried to make the interview as comfortable as possible. The only problem is that there's a lot of competition, but that's not the company's problem. It was a very easy going and fun interview. It's a buddy system where you shown around by an employee while the interview process is going on. You are interviewed by 3 people and then go to the lunch with the staff. Afterward, you have an ice cream social back at the end office and have an ending interview with one of the 3 people you spoke with.

Interview Questions

• What are your three biggest accomplishments that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Met with three people from the organization; seemed like a nice place to work! Most of the questions were about personality

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No offer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Questions

• none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions

• Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was through the university and took about 5 to 6 weeks.

There was an accounting fair where a whole range of accounting firms were present from Big 4 to small, local firms. I met with a managing director and a partner of the firm. They were very nice and I enjoyed their company.

There were also several events where we met with other professionals of the firm. I had my first round of interviews at the university for about 30 minutes. I met with a manager. He was very professional and we spoke about a variety of topics about myself, my resume, both of our experiences.

The second round interviews were at the office. We had a pre-interview social. I met with other professionals of the firm, as well. The next day were office interviews and lunch. I had two office interviews, both 30 minutes. I interviewed with a partner and director of the firm. Both of them went very well. It was certainly more relaxed and talking more about myself, my resume, and experiences. After the interviews, we went out to lunch with two professionals of the firm. It was a great experience and learned more about the firm through their experiences. They said that offers would be sent out the following week. However, I received notice of my offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Nothing that is out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.