Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.9

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2017.

Interview

Met at my school's career fair. Chatted with some of the professionals and eventually got invited to an office visit/ interview. Overall, they were very friendly and it was fairly laid back, probably due to the office being a bit smaller. Usually behavioral questions are asked, but it was really just conversation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school and had two 30 minute interviews on campus. After that there's a second round of interviews at the office. After the second round, you either get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. Initially, the process went smooth and I received a call that I had gotten an offer. After a couple of weeks I checked up and still didn't receive it. Recently, GT asked me if I was "still interested" and I said yes and I haven't heard back and that was two weeks ago. Their public sector is ok tho lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, got the email to interview at a certain date, then at the interview, interviewer reviewed resume/transcript and asked behavioral questions. then they would email you the within the next few days to tell you if you were selected.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through the school's career center and had an on campus interview with a partner. The interview started off rough because the partner lost track of time so she was behind schedule. I didn't even get to introduce myself as the interview went straight to behavior questions. I was asked three questions and it was mainly behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...". The interview was suppose to be 30 minutes but got cut to 15-20 minutes.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I interviewed with GT on campus. They had a pre-interview social the night before. The interview was very casual and conversational. The interviewer asked me a few basic behavioral questions that he mentioned he has been given by HR, I don't think he was very interested in the answers he was just supposed to ask them. Overall very low key, not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a difficult team situation, when have you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions

• No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question