Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, it was a digital interview so the questions were pre recorded but they were competency based so not too difficult to prepare for. I found it uncomfortable to speak in the digital interview which was my downfall

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you faced and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kolkata (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call through the consultancy. First round was Group Discussion. The topic was "Are reality shows really real ?".

The next round was Technical. Typical Questions for a Chartered Accountant. The interviewer was friendly and encouraging.But he was asking a lot of in-built technical questions which are difficult to remember.

Another problem was the mis-communication of the job location. The recruitment agency told me it would be Kolkata, but on reaching there I found that it was Bangalore or Gurgaon. The pay scale for the same was not very encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Favourite Acounting Standard, IFC, Standards on Auditing and personal credentials.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2015.

Interview

It was an online interview, asking 4 questions with 2~ min preparation time in between each question. There isn't any preparation for it, so you just do it on the spot. The position was for Toronto Downtown.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview, followed by HR interview, followed by Partner Interview. Very standard within the accounting industry. Although Hong Kong is particularly competitive even outside of Big 4 firms. The group interview question was particularly tough because it was asking about the current political situation in Hong Kong. Everyone was asked to give their opinion and join in a group conversation. It would be difficult to participate if you do not keep up with current events or your general knowledge is not broad enough.

Interview Questions

• Please comment on the current Political situation of Hong Kong and give us your thoughts and opinions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Questions

• You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Interview

Campus Interview with a senior manager. Very nice but serious about hiring the right person.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with an online application, with a series of questions which were aligned with their behavioral capabilities, fairly straight forward process. Then a digital interview, which involved recording yourself and answering questions within a specific time frame. This also included a written answer to one of the questions, overall took about 20 minutes. Did not progress after this stage.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Easy going , nice people basically trying to see if you are a right fit for you and you for them . Meet and greet , application process and then two managers interview you. Just be prepared and confident.

Interview Questions

• What do you find interesting in the field of accounting   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Group discussion, Written test including Technical knowledge
    Face to face interview includes questions on Accounting and auditing standards !
    All questions shall be answered intellectually.
    Two technical rounds and final round will be with the Audit partner of the Branch office.

Interview Questions

• About accounting and auditing standards
      Group discussion, Written test including Technical knowledge
      All questions shall be answered intellectually.
      1 Answer