Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.7

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, it was a digital interview so the questions were pre recorded but they were competency based so not too difficult to prepare for. I found it uncomfortable to speak in the digital interview which was my downfall

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you faced and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kolkata (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call through the consultancy. First round was Group Discussion. The topic was "Are reality shows really real ?".

The next round was Technical. Typical Questions for a Chartered Accountant. The interviewer was friendly and encouraging.But he was asking a lot of in-built technical questions which are difficult to remember.

Another problem was the mis-communication of the job location. The recruitment agency told me it would be Kolkata, but on reaching there I found that it was Bangalore or Gurgaon. The pay scale for the same was not very encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Favourite Acounting Standard, IFC, Standards on Auditing and personal credentials.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2015.

Interview

It was an online interview, asking 4 questions with 2~ min preparation time in between each question. There isn't any preparation for it, so you just do it on the spot. The position was for Toronto Downtown.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview, followed by HR interview, followed by Partner Interview. Very standard within the accounting industry. Although Hong Kong is particularly competitive even outside of Big 4 firms. The group interview question was particularly tough because it was asking about the current political situation in Hong Kong. Everyone was asked to give their opinion and join in a group conversation. It would be difficult to participate if you do not keep up with current events or your general knowledge is not broad enough.

Interview Questions

• Please comment on the current Political situation of Hong Kong and give us your thoughts and opinions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Questions

• You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Interview

Campus Interview with a senior manager. Very nice but serious about hiring the right person.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite brief and it was in the group interview. Need to do excel test and face to face interview. Roughly around 30 minutes per candidate. The question kind of straight forward

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had interned with Grant Thornton for busy season from January through April. After my internship, I was asked to come speak with one of the Dallas partners about my experience. We reviewed my performance feedback received by in-charge associates and was later asked to return full time after completing Masters program.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Grant Thornton rather than other accounting firms?   Answer Question