Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.7

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through my on campus career office and was sent an email saying I was granted a first round interview. Interview was pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions. I received a second round interview which is actually tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• This is all about you so you will be doing most of the talking. Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The interview process has gone very smoothly. I am interviewing for an entry-level position and had the first round of interviews at my school. I have been invited back for an office visit and will be taking it next week. They have had numerous social events before the interviews that I have attended and it has been an enjoyable process.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Telephone interview,
    first interview with manager
    then case study
    then partner interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions

• They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

Did on-campus recruiting. I knew some alum that went to my school prior to interviewing and started getting to know the recruiter maybe a year before applying. I was invited to a first round interview at school, pre-event socials, and finally a second round interview at the office which consisted of 3 interviews and lunch with some professionals. On offer day, I got a phone call at 8am from a partner to let me know that I will be receiving an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Reno, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started when I met the recruiter at an on campus event. First was an on campus interview with an audit manager where she asked a few basic interview questions but we mostly talked about my interests and what I did for extracurricular activities while in school. Next was the in office interview, I had two interviews in the office one with a partner and the other with a manager. The partner was very relaxed and wanted to know more about me and what my plans were for my career. The manager was very busy finishing an audit for a big client, she asked me 3 questions and didn't want to talk much longer.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I had the on-campus interview at my university. I was invited back for an interview in their local office. I was later offered the position, and I accepted the offer. It was a very straight forward process from the beginning. The recruiters kept us informed with everything that would take place.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two back to back 30 minute on campus interviews. They were not doing office interview, and extended offers a few days after the on campus interview. Everything was very laid back. Everyone from the greeters to the interviewers were happy to be there and were extremely personable. Pre-interview reception the night before was really good too.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX).

Interview

They were focused on personality mainly. No technical questions. As long as you don't screw up, you'll likely get an offer. They try to cater to you as an interviewee, but treat you awfully afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to overcome adversity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was 0 negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with 4 different people in management. Each of them just asked me behavioral questions about what my interests were. I spent about 30 minutes with each person so the interview was a total of about 2.5 hours. Overall, I enjoyed the interview process and the partners that I met with were quite kind. They enjoyed talking most about sports.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting...
      Tell me about yourself.