Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.7

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite brief and it was in the group interview. Need to do excel test and face to face interview. Roughly around 30 minutes per candidate. The question kind of straight forward

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had interned with Grant Thornton for busy season from January through April. After my internship, I was asked to come speak with one of the Dallas partners about my experience. We reviewed my performance feedback received by in-charge associates and was later asked to return full time after completing Masters program.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Grant Thornton rather than other accounting firms?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Made my application.After which I was invited for a video interview then a telephone interview which I was then ultimately unsuccessful. Thought the process was not too bad. Hoped they gave feedback and where you could improve but they didn't.

Interview Questions

• Why grant Thornton and not other accounting firms? Telephone   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was conducted with a partner. conversational, no technical questions. lasted about 30 minutes. next round i was brought in on a office visit and interviewed 3 times by various levels throughout the say

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, it was a digital interview so the questions were pre recorded but they were competency based so not too difficult to prepare for. I found it uncomfortable to speak in the digital interview which was my downfall

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you faced and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with an online application, with a series of questions which were aligned with their behavioral capabilities, fairly straight forward process. Then a digital interview, which involved recording yourself and answering questions within a specific time frame. This also included a written answer to one of the questions, overall took about 20 minutes. Did not progress after this stage.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Easy going , nice people basically trying to see if you are a right fit for you and you for them . Meet and greet , application process and then two managers interview you. Just be prepared and confident.

Interview Questions

• What do you find interesting in the field of accounting   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended a Meet the Firms event in San Francisco and submitted my resume after getting face time with a recruiter and several associates. I was invited for a first interview and met with a senior manager. I was then invited to a social dinner and all-day office visit interview.
    The social dinner was a great opportunity for all candidates (interns, full-time, audit, tax) to meet entry level associates who can relate a little more to the candidates and offer their viewpoints on office culture and opportunities. The interview itself was not bad, and Grant Thornton was very welcoming and I definitely would have worked there if I had not accepted an offer elsewhere.
    My tip would be to really genuinely get to know everyone during the interview process. Don't consider it an interrogation, because it's an opportunity for you to interview the firm as much of it is vice versa.
    From what I've noticed, the interviewers genuinely want to get to know you so try building rapport with them before/during/after the interview!

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions: conflict resolution, teamwork, leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. Initially, the process went smooth and I received a call that I had gotten an offer. After a couple of weeks I checked up and still didn't receive it. Recently, GT asked me if I was "still interested" and I said yes and I haven't heard back and that was two weeks ago. Their public sector is ok tho lol