Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.7

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Heard about the job through my college, applied through my school, submitted my resume and then had the interview on campus. Interview was easy; heard back with offer within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Really chill. I'm a student and they were recruiting from my school. All of the staff I met from the company were really nice, not pretentious at all, and super diverse.We had dinner the night before the interview which was helpful because we were able to meet our interviewers but also because it allowed us to see what everyone at the company was like and if we'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Not really behavioral, more about myself and my background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX).

Interview

They were focused on personality mainly. No technical questions. As long as you don't screw up, you'll likely get an offer. They try to cater to you as an interviewee, but treat you awfully afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to overcome adversity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was 0 negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Williamsburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting This made the interview easier since I had the opportunity to meet my interviewers beforehand. One Partner and one Senior Manger both from Dc Area offices. the partner was very easy going and relaxed. especially since we had met on more than on occasion. the manager was a little more formal since we had only met the night before at the pre night event.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Mainly behavioral questions, the interviewers are generally focused on trying to have a conversation with you. Attended the pre-night event before the interview, found that very helpful because I was able to meet the people interviewing me, establish a connection before the interview, and got to know more about them on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to accept/give feedback to/from a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Reno, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started when I met the recruiter at an on campus event. First was an on campus interview with an audit manager where she asked a few basic interview questions but we mostly talked about my interests and what I did for extracurricular activities while in school. Next was the in office interview, I had two interviews in the office one with a partner and the other with a manager. The partner was very relaxed and wanted to know more about me and what my plans were for my career. The manager was very busy finishing an audit for a big client, she asked me 3 questions and didn't want to talk much longer.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two back to back 30 minute on campus interviews. They were not doing office interview, and extended offers a few days after the on campus interview. Everything was very laid back. Everyone from the greeters to the interviewers were happy to be there and were extremely personable. Pre-interview reception the night before was really good too.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting process. Got an interview on-campus with a senior manager. The questions at first round interview were very behavioral structure. A days later received a second round invitation. Before the second round interview day, GT hosts a formal dinner where you have a chance to meet and chat with partners and higher up levels at the firm. So this is a great opportunity to get to know the people and culture of the firm. The second round interview is hosted at the firm's local office - Seattle (for my case). You can choose to start the interview at 9.00AM or 1.00PM. There are two interview sessions, in my case both were with a senior manager. The in-house interview was much more relaxed, since they want to get to know you and to see if you're a good fit for the firm. After the interviews, you will have a culture session then lunch break with two associates. My second round interview took place on Friday and I got a phone call from the recruiter with the offer on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?
      What is your most favourite class in college?
      Tell me about a time you have to overcome a challenge and what was the outcome?
      Why audit? Why GT?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute on-campus and two 30 minute office interviews, all of which felt conversational more than an answer-response interview. In the on-campus interview, the manager asked questions about your interests in the accounting field/position and about work in a group setting. In the office interviews, the partners really just want to get to know you and see if you're a fit for the firm. At this point, you've already demonstrated that you have the skills to thrive, these questions were more geared to allow the interviewee talk about his/her experiences and their relevance to the position. Be as authentic and confident possible! Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• 1st Interview
      Why Grant Thornton?
      Tell me about a situation where there was group conflict? How did you come to a solution?
      Walk me through this specific experience listed on your resume...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met surge 2 partners, 1 senior manager and went out to lunch with two lower level employees. Everyone was very nice and answered questions honestly. It seems like they have a very good culture- better than big 4 at least. The lunch was very good as well. Not sure if they chose this restaurant especially for me but it was the nicest place in the immediate area.