Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Mainly behavioral questions, the interviewers are generally focused on trying to have a conversation with you. Attended the pre-night event before the interview, found that very helpful because I was able to meet the people interviewing me, establish a connection before the interview, and got to know more about them on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to accept/give feedback to/from a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Reno, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started when I met the recruiter at an on campus event. First was an on campus interview with an audit manager where she asked a few basic interview questions but we mostly talked about my interests and what I did for extracurricular activities while in school. Next was the in office interview, I had two interviews in the office one with a partner and the other with a manager. The partner was very relaxed and wanted to know more about me and what my plans were for my career. The manager was very busy finishing an audit for a big client, she asked me 3 questions and didn't want to talk much longer.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two back to back 30 minute on campus interviews. They were not doing office interview, and extended offers a few days after the on campus interview. Everything was very laid back. Everyone from the greeters to the interviewers were happy to be there and were extremely personable. Pre-interview reception the night before was really good too.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting process. Got an interview on-campus with a senior manager. The questions at first round interview were very behavioral structure. A days later received a second round invitation. Before the second round interview day, GT hosts a formal dinner where you have a chance to meet and chat with partners and higher up levels at the firm. So this is a great opportunity to get to know the people and culture of the firm. The second round interview is hosted at the firm's local office - Seattle (for my case). You can choose to start the interview at 9.00AM or 1.00PM. There are two interview sessions, in my case both were with a senior manager. The in-house interview was much more relaxed, since they want to get to know you and to see if you're a good fit for the firm. After the interviews, you will have a culture session then lunch break with two associates. My second round interview took place on Friday and I got a phone call from the recruiter with the offer on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?
      What is your most favourite class in college?
      Tell me about a time you have to overcome a challenge and what was the outcome?
      Why audit? Why GT?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute on-campus and two 30 minute office interviews, all of which felt conversational more than an answer-response interview. In the on-campus interview, the manager asked questions about your interests in the accounting field/position and about work in a group setting. In the office interviews, the partners really just want to get to know you and see if you're a fit for the firm. At this point, you've already demonstrated that you have the skills to thrive, these questions were more geared to allow the interviewee talk about his/her experiences and their relevance to the position. Be as authentic and confident possible! Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• 1st Interview
      Why Grant Thornton?
      Tell me about a situation where there was group conflict? How did you come to a solution?
      Walk me through this specific experience listed on your resume...
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met surge 2 partners, 1 senior manager and went out to lunch with two lower level employees. Everyone was very nice and answered questions honestly. It seems like they have a very good culture- better than big 4 at least. The lunch was very good as well. Not sure if they chose this restaurant especially for me but it was the nicest place in the immediate area.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had interned with Grant Thornton for busy season from January through April. After my internship, I was asked to come speak with one of the Dallas partners about my experience. We reviewed my performance feedback received by in-charge associates and was later asked to return full time after completing Masters program.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Grant Thornton rather than other accounting firms?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First round of interview is either a phone interview of on campus interview with HR representative. Second round of interview(s) consists of 3 - 30min each interviews with manager or partner level employees.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I applied through an employee at the office I was interested in. I was contacted by the recruiter about a week later. Had a brief talk with her and received an email shortly after about setting up a phone interview with a manager. After that the recruiter called again and we were able to set up an office visit. At the visit I met with two managers and a partner. Received a call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions from recruiter and manager were focused on location and background of the past few years. Office visit questions were very focused on how I would fit in and a large percent of the time was me asking questions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question