Grant Thornton Audit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Audit Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

This was my third or fourth interview with a large accounting firm and the one I enjoyed the most. I was with a tax partner and the entire experience was very conversational. He mostly wanted to hear about my college experience and how I had decided on my unique double major.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to a firm of this size? (basically are we just a backup for Big 4)   1 Answer

Grant Thornton Response

Apr 13, 2017 – People & Culture

Awesome! It is so wonderful to hear about your positive experience at Grant Thornton. Thank you for your feedback and your enthusiasm. Looking forward to having you on our team!

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Met them at a career fair, then I received a phone call interview. I was then invited to an office visit in Ft. Lauderdale. It was a very laid back and enjoyable experience. It started off with a presentation about their culture and how much it means to them. They really just want people that they will like to work with. The employees seemed to be very close with each other during the whole visit.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in your college career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

For the internship, I first had a 30 minute behavioral style interview on campus. Then, I had an individual office visit in Dallas where I had three interviews with partners. There were some behavioral questions for the office visit, but most of the conversations were personality fit. HR got back to me very quickly after the first round, but the office took a while to coordinate my office visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with something with a different leadership style then you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a confrontation with someone in a group. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Coversational, so I can't tell how they were judging me. The second interviewer was just talking about her married life and just showing me the pictures of her wedding and telling me about her ethnicity the whole time.
    If i don't get it, whos fault is it?

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a single 30 minute interview at college, then at office visit I participated in 3 30 minute interviews. The interviews were conversational and they told me after lunch their decision, which was different from every other firm I interviewed with, who called within 2 weeks or sent an email. Grant Thornton were straight shooters, I can confidently say truely care about helping their employees grow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate, because I was happy that they picked me to intern with them. After the internship process I may choose to negotiate, if they extend a full time offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through OCI. Very simple process. Began with interview on campus, then eight weeks later had final round at office. There were pre-interview dinners involved as well. I rather enjoyed the process, and thought it went very smoothly. Everyone at the firm is super friendly and nice, and I am looking forward to working with them.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Grant Thornton's interview process was a wonderful experience! I applied through university recruiting, so I had several chances to get to know some of their people during recruiting events. It was nice to be able to connect with people and get a feel for the firm before going into the formal interview. The interview itself was pretty easy-going, and it went smoothly since I already a good idea of their culture, and they had a chance to get to know me and my personality. After the on-campus interview, I was invited to an office visit. Grant Thornton cares greatly about their people, and invited all of the office interviewee's to dinner at a partner's house the night before the visit. It made me feel truly welcomed onto their team! Grant Thornton really is a people first firm who highly values their culture.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational, but some of the things they asked me about were: why I decided to pursue a career in accounting, why I chose audit over tax, and why I felt Grant Thornton was a good fit for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

My first and second interview were at the UNF campus. Audit managers and partner were super down to earth and approachable. GPA and academics are important to them but they seemed to be mostly interested in getting to know me and seeing how well my personality fits in the company.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly enough there was not a single interview question. My interview consisted of a regular conversation.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Interview

very simple interview process. Starts with a phone call interview with the recruiter. The phone interview last about 20-30 minutes. The recruiter will ask you many behavioral based questions ands towards the end of the interview, they give you time to ask any questions you may have about the company or position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to be a leader?
      What steps did you take?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for an audit internship through our on-campus recruiting portal. I interviewed in late to mid March on campus with a Partner. I was invited to two recruiting socials before I was given on office visit invitation. At the office visit, which took part in May, we were given a buddy who showed us around, had lunch with us, and took us to our interviewers. I was interviewed by three total people (Two audit managers and an HR manager). Two of the interviews were casual and conversational. The other one, I was asked behavioral questions. I was given an offer on-site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to meet a harsh deadline, how you approached it, and what the end result was.   Answer Question