Grant Thornton Audit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Audit Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

On campus interview. The interview was quite simple. The only questioned asked was "tell me about yourself?"

I know I answered the question well! I felt that by the time my interview came up, the recruiter who was a manger had already chosen someone else for the second round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

The office, people and culture seemed awesome right from the beginning. I have had an on-campus interview, followed by an interview at their office which was an all day process.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was: What sets you apart from everyone within the room that make the company hire you?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through school career website then was accepted to the 1st round interview one week later. It was a 30 minute interview with the GT recruiter. Quite a pleasant experience but didn't get offer to the next round.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Overall pretty simple process applied by school carrer management got an email with an on campus interview. Had 2 40 minute interviews. Got another email for a office interview, i went had another 2 interviews with a couple of partners and got the call back for an offer within 2 day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate thought the offer was good considering I have no experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied through campus online. Then I had a campus interview then it was followed up by an office visit with a group dinner the night before. There were multiple interviews with Senior Associates then an interview with a partner. I received the offer within 24 hours of the last interview. The company is great and I loved it.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly basic, just be knowledgeable about current accounting issues.   Answer Question

Financial situation changed where I had to graduate prematurely and pursue a full time job while short of hours for the CPA exam.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my University recruiting. I had an interview with a partner and it was very easy and informative. The night before the interview we had dinner at a nice restaurant in town and we spoke with associates and partners and it made the interview process the next day a lot easier knowing who we would be meeting. Then I was asked for a second office interview and before that we had a social event with more associates and other recruits that would be at the office visit and we bowled and talked with the associates. Then we had the office visit and we were toured around and there were 2 interviews, one with a senior associate and one with a director. Once again very conversational easy interviews. The office visit also included a lunch with associates. I was called the next day with an offer! I loved the firm I just had another offer that I felt was a better fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kansas City, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Very casual interview, the questions were basic in trying to judge whether if your a good "fit" for the firm. One on one with the partners at the office locations. Received a phone call for the offer the very next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Coral Gables, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview very conversational. Mostly behavioral questions, "what would you do if..." type of questions. Very relaxed setting and seemed genuinely interested in my answers. He would ask questions based off my answers to other questions. Example: What is your greatest accomplishment? *My answer* next question: What helped you get there? Stuff like that. Very conversational and not intimidating at all

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Very standard process, the interviewers are very easy going. HR takes care of you and make you feel wanted. Interviews with Managers and above - about a half hour each

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process went well. It was very straightforward and conversational, 30 minute interview on campus. The manager was nice and easy-going. He asked about why I'm interested in accounting specifically (since I'm a Business major not Accounting), and told me about his experience in the auditing field. You should be able to convey coherently WHY you want your specific role and how you can contribute to their team.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting? Why auditing specifically? What makes you a good candidate? Name a time when you encountered difficulty.   Answer Question