Grant Thornton Audit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Coversational, so I can't tell how they were judging me. The second interviewer was just talking about her married life and just showing me the pictures of her wedding and telling me about her ethnicity the whole time.
If i don't get it, whos fault is it?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

My first and second interview were at the UNF campus. Audit managers and partner were super down to earth and approachable. GPA and academics are important to them but they seemed to be mostly interested in getting to know me and seeing how well my personality fits in the company.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly enough there was not a single interview question. My interview consisted of a regular conversation.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Interview

very simple interview process. Starts with a phone call interview with the recruiter. The phone interview last about 20-30 minutes. The recruiter will ask you many behavioral based questions ands towards the end of the interview, they give you time to ask any questions you may have about the company or position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to be a leader?
      What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process went well. It was very straightforward and conversational, 30 minute interview on campus. The manager was nice and easy-going. He asked about why I'm interested in accounting specifically (since I'm a Business major not Accounting), and told me about his experience in the auditing field. You should be able to convey coherently WHY you want your specific role and how you can contribute to their team.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting? Why auditing specifically? What makes you a good candidate? Name a time when you encountered difficulty.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through school career website then was accepted to the 1st round interview one week later. It was a 30 minute interview with the GT recruiter. Quite a pleasant experience but didn't get offer to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

On campus interview. The interview was quite simple. The only questioned asked was "tell me about yourself?"

I know I answered the question well! I felt that by the time my interview came up, the recruiter who was a manger had already chosen someone else for the second round.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2017.

Interview

I was successful in the online application process and got through to the video interview stage. It involved 4 video questions and 1 written question. I had 2 minutes to prepare my answer and then 2 minutes to record my answer. For the written question I got 10 minutes to write my answer.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Standard online application, few questions about why GT? why audit? And about their CLEARR core principles. Then a pre recorded video interview, mainly competency based question. When have you shown: initiative? ownership? leadership? There were 6 questions in total, including 1 written essay question. You are given 2 mins to prepare for each question and then 2mins to record your response, other than the written one where you receive 10mins to answer. After this you then have to do a few tests, judgment test, followed by a numerical and verbal test

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens (Greece)) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended to a test as the first stage of the hiring process. The role was to determine your logical, mathematical and accounting skills. It was average in difficulty. However very little time was given.

Interview Questions

• I will inform when i get to an interview   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2015.

Interview

Having filled in a lengthy application form, I was invited to do a video interview. This was my first experience of a video interview, but having had some since then I believe the amount of time given was more generous than other video interviews. I was then invited to have a telephone interview to clarify some areas covered in the video interview. The telephone interview was conducted by someone currently working in the audit department so she probed for quite specific answers. Keep your answers short and sweet or you might be tempted to start babbling which is the trap I fell into.
    Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you believe you'll be doing on a day to day basis?   Answer Question