Grant Thornton BAS Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton BAS Associate Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA).

Interview

GT first met with me on campus. Very informal first round with a director basically telling me more about GT's BAS group. Then was invited for an office visit and interview with several other candidates. They had a few presentations about the firm, a lunch with your associate "buddy", then 2 interviews with a manager and partner. The manager interview was a bit more formal than the partner with him asking questions one after the other. Received a call back 3 weeks later that I didn't get the position. Overall pretty good process. One complaint I had was with hr. I emailed them twice after my interview but didn't receive any response. I'm fine with being rejected the position, but I would at least like to stay in the loop and be informed rather than being ignored.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experiences?
    Interview questions were heavily based on my resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Referred by current employee. 30 minute phone interview with manager. Very basic, behavioral type questions. Office visit was two weeks later. Went out for dinner and drinks the night before with other applicants and associate/senior level employees. Next day started with a short presentation and office tour followed by three 30 minute interviews with managers and partners. Mostly behavioral questions and relevant experience. This was followed by a lunch in the office with members of the firm. Very easy/relaxed process overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had working with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

I enjoyed the experience and atmosphere but they were unwilling to negotiate the starting salary which was 10k lower than an offer I had from a similar firm.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process began with informal communication via email. Expressed interest and went through an on campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was invited to the next stage and went through two rounds of interviews 45 minutes long after an office visit. A week later they made an offer.

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult. Be prepared to ask questions because the second round of the office visit interviews will be 100% about you interviewing a manager or partner about GT.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first want to say that Grant Thornton is an amazing place to start or continue your career. The people are so great and the work creates extreme personal and professional growth.

I initially was given a referral and received a phone call from a recruiter at Grant Thornton. We had the phone interview then, and some questions along the line of "Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and what you did?". Also was asked to describe a time when I worked in a team and there was friction. After that phone interview, I scheduled an on-site visit for about 2 weeks later.

The on-site visit was great. I interviewed with 2 different managers and was asked mainly why I want to work for Grant Thornton and why I want to get into consulting. I was also asked about what specific types of consulting I want to get into. I was taken out to lunch with 3 other employees and everything went well. After that interview, I was called about a week later and told that everyone really liked me, but there was no budget to bring me on at that time and I would be called back when something opened up.

About 3 months later I was called by the same recruiter to set up another on-site interview with 3 different managers. This office visit was also great. I was taken out to dinner the night before the interview with 2 associates, 1 manager, and 1 other person that was interviewing. The interview the next day was great. I met so many different employees and everyone is extremely personable. I interviewed with 3 different managers and was called the next business day with an offer.

My biggest advise is to understand your personal and professional goals and how they line up with Grant Thornton has to offer. Grant Thornton highly values its culture and the "fit" with an employee. Before my interviews, read a book on how to more effectively answer interview questions, how to ask better interview questions, and I came onto this website, took every question I could find, and made sure I had an answer for every one of them. I also knew my resume very well and was able to explain everything on it. Be sure you have questions to ask the person interviewing you. Try to customize them too and not have them be the very general questions like "can you describe a typical day". Most of all, be yourself and get to know the people you will be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am currently negotiating moving expenses, however the salary offer is very competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was deceivingly easy. There were some questions that were similar to consulting interviews that made it easier to study for. I think that their process is overall pretty easy and could be beaten fairly simply.

Interview Questions

• Sugar cube consulting question, as well as the chicken, feed, and fox boat question   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone screen followed be meeting a manager then senior manager and partner of the group.

Basic understanding of excel powerpoint, admin, college background
    Went out for lunch for the final interview with the partner and senior manager.
    Great group of people to work for

Interview Questions

• What classes did you think were interesting and how would you apply them to real life situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

was recruited through standard campus recruting. went through standard interview process