Grant Thornton Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2016

2.8

Corporate Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process comprises of two rounds, one on campus, and the other one on the office.
    It is pretty structured. Everyone was nice, and the questions were not that difficult.
    They focused more on technical questions than behavioral questions.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA).

Interview

One on campus interview with a tax associate.
    One on-site interview with two a senior tax associate and then a senior manager.

The interviews were all very friendly. They were designed not only for GT to get a sense of how you would benefit the company, but also so that you would be aware of how you would fit in at GT. Everyone was very cordial.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Mainly behavioral questions, the interviewers are generally focused on trying to have a conversation with you. Attended the pre-night event before the interview, found that very helpful because I was able to meet the people interviewing me, establish a connection before the interview, and got to know more about them on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to accept/give feedback to/from a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Valuation Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Heard back about a week after on campus interview, invited to the office 3 weeks after the ocr, had 3 1:1 interviews. half of the questions are technical half are behavioral. heard back about 1 week after the final round, no offer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA).

Interview

One day single interview with two people. About 30 minutes each where they give a description of what the job would be like and how your position would contribute to the group. Give tour of the office, meet a couple people. None of the questions are too difficult, they love Excel skills and organization. Deadlines and attention to detail are important, they make this clear.

Interview Questions

• How organized are you? Describe how you are organized.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

After I submitted my resume online, I had several phone interviews as well as a video interview. I had an onsite interview with several partners, the interview went very well,

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Try to remember the names of any person from Grant Thornton that you meet. The HR manager will ask who do you know from the company already. Review about the company. The question " what do you know about Grant Thornton?" is a must prepare question.

Interview Questions

• Prepare to explain the reason behind anything you said. For example, you told them that you love playing soccer. They will ask you how did you become loving playing soccer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Questions

• none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Basic questions any college career services should be able to help you prepare for this. You can also go to the library and take out a book or do a Google search or common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an auditor?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews with a manager and a partner. The manager was there previously at the pre-interview night - interview consisted of Resume-type, and conversation often got into details about specific life events related to resume. No behavior questions if you have a lot of interesting things on your resume that you can elaborate on and catch their attention.