Grant Thornton Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I went through on campus recruiting and was very impressed with everyone I met throughout the process. Typical interview questions for this type of job, interviewed only with higher level management

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

behavioral interview-- postive experience. Nice people who really care about their company. Unlike most consulting firms which do case interviews, GT's first round interviews were behavioral and laid back.The people who interviewed me were young and positive about their job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied through university career services. Received email stating that I had been selected for an on-campus interview. Interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews, a half hour each. One interview was with a partner and the other was with a manager. Basic behavioral questions and going over resume. Got an email 2 weeks later notifying me I would not be extended an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Arlington, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

The process was fairly typically of other firms for college hires. There were on campus and in office interviews, followed by an 'Explore your offer" day where a number of students went to the office and walked through their offer with HR, while also having lunch with a "buddy" (who worked at the firm) and a couple of Partner/Principal presentations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a signing bonus when I mentioned that I had competing offers with higher bases, and that I wanted to join GT but also wanted to be financially responsible.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Noida (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Technical round Interview and Partner round interview in which they asked only technical questions related to AS Ind AS Companies Act 2013 IFS and ICDS and some case studies. latest developments and changes must be required

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Milan (Italy)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very quick process. You get a call and you have a first meeting with the HR and then directly with a partner. In the HR they ask you usual questions around yourself and your experience. In the technical questions they give a selected financial statements company to analyse and you have to understand the figures and the business cause they are going to make questions around it

Interview Questions

• Questions around your CV and description of it. Then they start with more technical questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very straight forward. First step with HR, then with a partner, then a couple of people within the service line. Had some really good conversations and lots of behavioural questions were asked.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

2-3 rounds of Interview. First HR round, general fit questions, second round with Associate director or Director asking about previous experience, some technical questions and final round of interview with Partner. If successful offer is given within a week. The interview is not that difficult, but there will be some trick questions to test your presence of mind and quick thinking.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult or challenging task in the previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary, position was difficult, but there would always be room to negotiate salary