Grant Thornton Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I went through on campus recruiting and was very impressed with everyone I met throughout the process. Typical interview questions for this type of job, interviewed only with higher level management

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

behavioral interview-- postive experience. Nice people who really care about their company. Unlike most consulting firms which do case interviews, GT's first round interviews were behavioral and laid back.The people who interviewed me were young and positive about their job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied through university career services. Received email stating that I had been selected for an on-campus interview. Interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews, a half hour each. One interview was with a partner and the other was with a manager. Basic behavioral questions and going over resume. Got an email 2 weeks later notifying me I would not be extended an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Arlington, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

The process was fairly typically of other firms for college hires. There were on campus and in office interviews, followed by an 'Explore your offer" day where a number of students went to the office and walked through their offer with HR, while also having lunch with a "buddy" (who worked at the firm) and a couple of Partner/Principal presentations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a signing bonus when I mentioned that I had competing offers with higher bases, and that I wanted to join GT but also wanted to be financially responsible.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2019.

Interview

Did a basic HR phone interview, then moved on to second stage phone interview with a partner, and afterwards the HR rep said they would be bringing me and other candidates in to interview. I emailed the rep two weeks later and was told that they are still waiting to hear back on people's schedules. Now a month later it looks like I was ghosted from a major company. Why not just tell candidates you are no longer interested or provide some sort of communication?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Preliminary HR Round
    2. Manager Round - Technical questions on Risk involved in various Industries.
    3. Director Round - Technical questions on Risk involved in various Industries.
    4. Partner Round - Technical & personality
    5. Final HR round - Personality & CTC discussion

Interview Questions

• What are the Risks involved in Car Manufacturing Industry?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was nice conversation.parter round was my first round of interview.Then senior manager took another round of conversation. It took 15 days to finish my interview process.i faced the client interview also.finally I got selected and joined.My client location was very near to my office.

Interview Questions

• About my previous experience   1 Answer
    • How would you gonna handle client in difficult situations   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Milan (Italy)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very quick process. You get a call and you have a first meeting with the HR and then directly with a partner. In the HR they ask you usual questions around yourself and your experience. In the technical questions they give a selected financial statements company to analyse and you have to understand the figures and the business cause they are going to make questions around it

Interview Questions

• Questions around your CV and description of it. Then they start with more technical questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chennai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

2 Rounds of Interview. 1st Being technical where the interviewer is more interested in knowing your technical knowledge and relevant experience. Most of questions are based upon your resume and past experience plus technical skill sets that are required for offered job.
    Second round is partner round in which interviewer is generally interested in knowing your​ personal traits, your past application of traits that you calim to have. And few hypothetical situations and questions relating to it.

Interview Questions

• Questions for Assurance department are generally around SA's and AS loaded with some practical situation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Noida (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Technical round Interview and Partner round interview in which they asked only technical questions related to AS Ind AS Companies Act 2013 IFS and ICDS and some case studies. latest developments and changes must be required

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation phase