Grant Thornton Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone screen by HR was followed by a one hour phone interview with the senior person to whom the position reported. That was followed by four in-person and skype 30-minute interviews with department heads.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter which lasted for about 30 minutes. then a followup interview with the hiring manager. People were very nice during the entire hiring and interview process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Met with Partners, other Directors. discussions circled around current experience, expectations and specific skill sets. It's a small team so personality fit was closely looked at.

Interview process was straightforward and nothing out of the ordinary. Feedback was provided quickly and next steps was coordinated quickly by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Explain prior work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a position and was actually up-sold to another one. A couple of conversations with HR/recruiting, followed by two with two different national directors. No difficult questions, even talked salary expectations. Then silence. No emails returned. No calls returned. No courtesy shown whatsoever. Not what I would expect from a company that purports to be in professional services. No professionalism.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Several partner interviews. Basic conversation. Started with a screening and interview and talked to 4 partners across the us. Not well coordinated in interview questioning but did get exposure to different parts of the firm.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

The questions were very behavioral oriented.