Grant Thornton Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

The questions were very behavioral oriented.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a position and was actually up-sold to another one. A couple of conversations with HR/recruiting, followed by two with two different national directors. No difficult questions, even talked salary expectations. Then silence. No emails returned. No calls returned. No courtesy shown whatsoever. Not what I would expect from a company that purports to be in professional services. No professionalism.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Met with Partners, other Directors. discussions circled around current experience, expectations and specific skill sets. It's a small team so personality fit was closely looked at.

Interview process was straightforward and nothing out of the ordinary. Feedback was provided quickly and next steps was coordinated quickly by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Explain prior work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Several partner interviews. Basic conversation. Started with a screening and interview and talked to 4 partners across the us. Not well coordinated in interview questioning but did get exposure to different parts of the firm.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

In response to my applying to an online posting for a senior consulting role, a recruiter reached out to me and we subsequently had an interview via phone. The recruiter expressed a high level of interest in my qualifications and indicated that the next step would be presenting my information to the hiring principal with a follow-up phone interview to likely follow.

After several days, I simply received an impersonal, system-generated, take-a-hike email from their endearing "applicant tracking system". Look: I get the idea that canned emails can be used to respond to candidates who did not slip past the claws of the ATS. However, once the organization has engaged a limited number of candidates to move forward, professional communication throughout the process are the standard, regardless of the outcome. Judging by the background of those at GT in similar roles, it seems I was a bit over-qualified for this role. And that's fine. But at this point in the process, I would expect the recruiter to either pick up the phone or at least send a personally written email to this effect instead of opting to hide behind the HR firewall and lazily launching an ATS drone strike.

This may have been an isolated instance, but it caused me to wonder as to whether this is in any way reflective of the culture and decorum within the organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter which lasted for about 30 minutes. then a followup interview with the hiring manager. People were very nice during the entire hiring and interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone screen by HR was followed by a one hour phone interview with the senior person to whom the position reported. That was followed by four in-person and skype 30-minute interviews with department heads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

3 interviews with MDs and Partners scheduled over 3.5 months - 1 in person 2 over the phone, plus additional discussions with HR. Slow responses and communication from HR. Positive feedback was provided over the entire process. After 3.5 months GT scheduled another interview and decided not to extend an offer.