Grant Thornton Graduate Audit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Graduate Audit Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

3.1

Audit Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2016.

Interview

Got through to the digital interview, was a bit weird just talking to myself as this was the first I had done. Question came up on screen, had 2 mins to prep then 2 mins to record a answer. 1 10 minute writing element which I didnt expect. Found out a few days I had been unsuccessful, I thought it had gone ok. 2 weeks later got a feedback call from them, said my interview was good just stronger candidates and wanted more detail on examples. however I felt like I couldn't add more detail with the 2 minute limit in case of getting cut of mid speaking. Before the digital interview they made it clear that they do follow up calls if they want more detail, so getting that the only feedback they could give me was i needed more detail confused me a bit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used your initiative in a situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Graduate Interview

Interview

After the initial application there is a digital interview where you are essentially talking to your laptop which felt a bit weird and impersonal, and since the questions are pre recorded with no follow up questions it can be really difficult to get your personality across. Didn't pass the digital interview but Grant Thornton schedule a call to give you feedback which is helpful, although the woman who spoke to me said 'you were good, but not quite good enough' which wasn't too helpful!

Audit Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a digital interview and exercise followed by an experience day. The interview questions were genuinely thought provoking and made me think about myself in new ways, as cliche as that sounds! It did crash several times, but I just reloaded the link and carried on fine. The experience day was almost fun, if it hadn't been for the pressure of trying to get a job! It was very relaxed and friendly. The interviews lasted 40-60 minutes depending on the candidate (mine was fairly short). The group exercise involved discussing and presenting conclusions on how to improve a fictional town in one of their VE index baskets.

Interview Questions

• What excites or energises you?   1 Answer

Graduate Audit Interview

Interview

It was on the computer and a randomise question. There was no human interaction. Personally, I prefer to have a phone interview because I prefer to have human interaction or back and forth conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self
      Goals
      mostly behaviour questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oxford, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Part A: 9/10 questions, Strengths based. But just treat like normal competency. Found most questions online, but don't remember them
    Part B: Report. Needs to analyse each piece of data give. Then explain what you would advice the group to do

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job and was invited to take part in the online interview. For me I would have preferred to have a face to face interview as it is easier to express yourself when you're not talking to a computer screen. However I understand why the company does this, it saves time and is easier to complete.

Graduate Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2018.

Interview

The video interview is sectioned in 2 categories: the actual video interview and a short report. The report is based on a few documents they will give you and you will have to summarise the document in 15 min. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is to criticise the data.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will be doing as a graduate audit trainee?   Answer Question

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Liverpool, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

The online application process was very simple and well designed. After submitting the application, there was a strengths assessment, which included situational and numerical questions. After only 2-3 days I was invited to do a digital interview, which only took about 40 minutes. The first part of the interview consisted of 10 questions about your experience, motivation for this role and interest in the company. The second part was to write a summary report to a case study in 20 min, which unfortunately I struggled with and was unable to proceed to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be doing day-to-day in your role?   1 Answer
    • Why your background and experience and why would you be a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Graduate Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Easy process - online, video, assessment centre, interview with HR and then partner interview.
    Assessment centre - introduction to GT then group task and individual interviews with HR then partner.
    In