Grant Thornton Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Took about an hour and the lady was very nice and agreeable. But because of that I couldn't really tell how well I did. I was very nervous, so that didn't help either. My resume was sparse and I wasn't very well informed about the company-- remember to do thorough research! I was already thinking I wasn't going to get accepted but at least it was a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Very relaxed feel the entire process. They want to find people that fit well with their culture, so the interviews are more conversation style. They want to hear you talk about yourself, your experiences in work, school, and life.

Intern Interview

Interview

It had a pre-interview dinner the day before the interview. About 8 tables, including both tax and audit. The interview in the next day was 30 minutes, kind of laid-back. Need to take a office visit interview next week.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

On campus interview done through the campus. Asked behavioral questions and the usual why our firm and why this particular profession. I a back pretty fast from them. Got to do a firm visit later on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through online campus website. Firm took us out to dinner for pre interview dinner where we got to meet staff of firm. Very laidback and casual, almost one to one staff to interviewee ratio. Day of interview, interviewed on campus with partner. Very laidback interview and talked about company culture.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Submit resume through your school's career center, then if you meet the qualifications, a recruiter will contact you for an interview. If you pass the on-campus interview, then you are invited for an office visit, which you will interview with a few more people.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at university. Easy 30 minute interview. I was then offered to do the summer leadership program. I am however not very interested since I have Big 4 offers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

My interview process was probably a-typical. My interview for an intern position during my last year of law school was slightly informal due to HR communication issues. I only had one round of interviews but it was a marathon of an interview lasting almost all day.

Interview Questions

• They asked for a short writing sample, less than two pages.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Cleveland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a little more relaxed for me. I worked with my recruiter and she decided to meet with me and one other girl for two hours alone and gave us a tour and we split up and had 2-3 casual conversations with different managers, partners, etc. They called me about 20 minutes later. It was late it the season so I think they knew I had other offers and were trying to react fast- not the norm process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Grant Thornton   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview by a partner, she was very nice. We talked about the internship position, the requirements of the position, and my location preferences. It was very casual and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Grant Thornton Intern Interview San Diego, CA Why choose Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton Intern Interview Why are you interested in Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton Intern Interview Why this company?
Grant Thornton Intern Interview Tell me about a time you had a leadership position
Grant Thornton Intern Interview Dallas, TX Tell me about yourself.
Grant Thornton Intern Interview Dallas, TX Tell me about yourself.
Grant Thornton Intern Interview Alexandria, VA Why do you want to work for an accounting firm?
Grant Thornton Intern Interview They asked for a short writing sample, less than two pages.
Grant Thornton Intern Interview Cleveland, OH What do you know about Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton Intern Interview Orlando, FL Why did you choose Accounting?