Grant Thornton Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.7

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Very chill, some behavioral questions but mostly conversational. Spent like half the time talking about my hobbies and the other half the interviewer talked about her own career and how she got to her position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Intern Interview

Interview

Two, back-to-back, 30-minute interviews. Both were behavioral. The interviewers were very kind and were curious about my background and my interests. The first interviewer and I talked through my resume. The second interviewer and I talked about prospective work in the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Everyone was really friendly. It was a two part interview. The first was laid back, the second the interviewer wanted you to lead the entire interview which would have been great if you hadn't asked all your questions in the first interview so definitely research the company and have a lot of questions prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two back to back 30 minute interviews on campus. Heard back within two weeks and was invited to an office visit. Everyone on the team was super nice and friendly. GT paid for my hotel, parking, and meals. Heard back a week after the office visit and received an offer. Grant Thornton is a great company. I enjoy the people and culture at Grant Thornton way better than at the Big Four. Overall, very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was mostly a half hour conversation. There were no pre-thought out questions, just followup questions based on where the conversation went. No behavioral questions or technical questions either. Just be yourself and see if you like the people interviewing you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Took about an hour and the lady was very nice and agreeable. But because of that I couldn't really tell how well I did. I was very nervous, so that didn't help either. My resume was sparse and I wasn't very well informed about the company-- remember to do thorough research! I was already thinking I wasn't going to get accepted but at least it was a good learning experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Very relaxed feel the entire process. They want to find people that fit well with their culture, so the interviews are more conversation style. They want to hear you talk about yourself, your experiences in work, school, and life.

Intern Interview

Interview

It had a pre-interview dinner the day before the interview. About 8 tables, including both tax and audit. The interview in the next day was 30 minutes, kind of laid-back. Need to take a office visit interview next week.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

On campus interview done through the campus. Asked behavioral questions and the usual why our firm and why this particular profession. I a back pretty fast from them. Got to do a firm visit later on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through online campus website. Firm took us out to dinner for pre interview dinner where we got to meet staff of firm. Very laidback and casual, almost one to one staff to interviewee ratio. Day of interview, interviewed on campus with partner. Very laidback interview and talked about company culture.