Grant Thornton Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Everyone was really friendly. It was a two part interview. The first was laid back, the second the interviewer wanted you to lead the entire interview which would have been great if you hadn't asked all your questions in the first interview so definitely research the company and have a lot of questions prepared.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was mostly a half hour conversation. There were no pre-thought out questions, just followup questions based on where the conversation went. No behavioral questions or technical questions either. Just be yourself and see if you like the people interviewing you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Took about an hour and the lady was very nice and agreeable. But because of that I couldn't really tell how well I did. I was very nervous, so that didn't help either. My resume was sparse and I wasn't very well informed about the company-- remember to do thorough research! I was already thinking I wasn't going to get accepted but at least it was a good learning experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through online campus website. Firm took us out to dinner for pre interview dinner where we got to meet staff of firm. Very laidback and casual, almost one to one staff to interviewee ratio. Day of interview, interviewed on campus with partner. Very laidback interview and talked about company culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was for an audit intern position. I applied through my school's career website and had a first round interview at the office. I was interviewed by a partner. There were a few behavioral questions (about two or three) and plenty of time left for me to ask questions. The interviewer was friendly and the interview was almost like a causal, ice-breaker conversation - nothing very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• A time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you adjust?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, NM) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online through college and their career website. First round on site interview was one on one with a manager mainly about behavior questions. The second round interview consisted of coffee with an associate and 3 30-minute interviews higher level executives. They each have the same question sheet asking me the exact same questions. Overall the whole process was stressful, but it was a good experience and the office is super nice. The staffs were very friendly as well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I submitted my application through my university job board and it took about 2 weeks to hear back. I attended a pre-interview reception the day before my interview and got to talk to many current GT employees. The interview was mostly behavioral and laid back, but you could tell they wanted accounting students over finance students which makes perfect sense.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The campus interview went very well, the interviewer is easygoing and nice to talk with. In the second round, there are three sessions that each one takes about 30 minutes. You can choose morning interview and a lunch later, or a lunch and afternoon interview later. Overall, it's a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews with a manager and a partner. The manager was there previously at the pre-interview night - interview consisted of Resume-type, and conversation often got into details about specific life events related to resume. No behavior questions if you have a lot of interesting things on your resume that you can elaborate on and catch their attention.