Grant Thornton International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.8

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview process went well. It was a meet and greet, followed by lunch, followed by interviews with the partners. Everyone was nice

I received a job offer with 20% better pay not in public accounting

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Atlanta, GA) in January 2008.

Interview

I first had a phone interview followed by an on-site interview with multiple members of the audit group as well as senior management. I had a total of four people I met with. We also went with a group to lunch to discuss culture and see how I fit in with the team. An offer was given via the phone and then sent in a package by mail.

Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process was over 3 hours being interviewed by many people. Each interview was about thirty minutes in lenght and the questions varied. The people interviewing ranged between people of the same job level through director level.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (McLean, VA) in October 2007.

Interview

My initial contact with GT started out when a friend had pass along my resume to a GT employee that he worked with in the past. A few weeks later, I was contacted by their HR office for a phone interview. The phone interview was around 1hour. The phone interview was very pleasant and the question was mostly about my work experiences. After the phone interview, I was invited for an office visit. This is where I did the actual 1 on 1 interview. There was 2 round of interview in the office - usually at this interview you will sit down with a senior manager or partner. The question were mostly behavior question.

Interview Questions

• Describe something that you did that you were proud of.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Washington, DC) in March 2007.

Interview

Since I was referred by a current employee, the process was very easy. Dealing with the Recruiting Department was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How do your skills from a previous position translate into the accounting world?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a flexible work schedule and telecommuting.

Graduate Program Australia Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was the video interview, and they were pretty basic questions. I do not think it was so bad.
    You needed to find a silent place were you could be, it took me almost 40 minutes to do the interview. They will give you the question and then you have almost 20 seconds to think of an answer, then 45 seconds to explain your answer.

Interview Questions

• From your previous jobs when have you showed good leadership skills   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International in February 2016.

Interview

I uploaded my cv on their website and in 5 days I got a call to come for an interview in their gurgaon office. There were only two rounds. The first round was a techinal round, the manager asked me to introduce myself and after that he asked some basic accounting and AS questions,why audit?.
    The next day in CP office I had my partner round, partner asked about everything written in the CV and form. Like strengths,weakness,achievements.

The worst part about the whole recruitment process was that they called me after 1 month to tell me that I am selected.

Interview Questions

• introduction,strength,weakness,what do you know about GT? basic AS questions   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I apply through University. One week later, I got the appointment for the interview 1. I had the Dinner at the night before interview. 3 days later, I had a phone call to get the second interview. I also had a Dinner the night before interview 2; like everyone. On the day of interview 2, I met 2 people; tax manager and tax senior. The interview went nicely and easy. They went through my resume and ask simple question: - Tell me about yourself, why do I have to hire you?, How to solve the conflict with team member during the project?

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - why do I have to hire you?
      - How to solve the conflict with team member during the project?
      Answer Question

Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

1st the HR discusses the job role, remuneration expectation, family background.
    1st round- technical round with director level person along with a 2 hours valuation model test.
    test was checked there itself and was followed by another viva.
    2nd round- discussion round with one of the partners. general discussion about resume and background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

being a fresher there wasnt much negotiation. though they ask what you expect.

Assistant of Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Almaty (Kazakhstan)) in June 2015.

Interview

The test was kind of easy but takes one and half an hour. The interview was long and giving big hopes. I was asked about my background, knowledge in accounting and auditing, my psychological and physical readiness for the job. But, alas, they told me they I haven't passed it.