Grant Thornton International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton International Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.8

Business Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International.

Interview

CV application for an off cycle Internship. I had a phone interview with a Consultant and a 1:1 interview with the AVP of the division I applied to. I found out the outcome the next day.

Summer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Telephonic chats(3-4 times) about the nature of work, skills, expectations from firm, etc. from different people in office. Discussions about the kind of projects one would like to do.
    It was an informal kind of interview with the aim to know to aquatint with the nature of work. Nice experience.

Trainee Accountant Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview process, it felt more like a meet and greet than an interview. Very positive. I was asked to come in for an official interview the next day after submitting an application. I felt very comfortable during the interview process, I received a signed offer of employment from the managing partner the next day.

Articled Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Chennai (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process here contains a number of rounds:
    1. Aptitude test(written): 4 sections- I. General Knowledge ii. Numerical &Llogical Reasoning iii. Verbal Reasoning iv. Accounting
    2. Technical Round: (1:1 interview) Knowledge of AS, Income tax Act, Companies Act important.
    3. Group Discussion: Presence of mind is very essential.
    4. HR and Partner Level interview

Interview Questions

• Technical round is the most difficult hurdle to be surpassed.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Mumbai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

two rounds of interviews. three rounds in case the partner needs to meet you.

HR round is mostly over phone. Test of technical knowledge and managerial skills is done. Informal background verification done

Interview Questions

• What were your key observations in your previous audits   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer was very low and was able to negotiate upto a reasonable amount although lesser than I had expected

Audit Trainee Interview

Interview

Applied online. 5 competency questions about what differentiated the company from competitors, areas where I showed flexibility, when I made a positive impact.
    Did the online numeracy and verbal English tests which were kenexa
    After this I had the telephone interview. Questions were similar to the online form. Wh gt, why audit, why chosen office location, how the current economic climate affected gt and its clients.
    It was assessment day which was divided into 3 parts. First was partner case study. He asked questions about trends and solutions to the problems.
    Then 1:1 interview which was similar to the telephone. Followed by a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself to me at a party   1 Answer

Graduate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of filling out an application form, doing some online psychometric tests, followed by a preliminary phone interview, from which I was invited to an Assessment Centre. The Assessment centre consisted of three activities-team exercise, individual "invention" test and interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain accounting to a five year old...I kid you not, they asked that!   Answer Question

Graduate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International.

Interview

CV + Cover Letter Application, Phone Interview, 1vs1 interview with HR, written & math assessment, interview with senior director.

Article Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (New Delhi (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

i had applied online and after 3 weeks i got interview call and got selected for the second interview but couldn't attend and hence lost the opportunity.The interview process is long.
    One need to wait for weeks to know your status.

Interview Questions

I was not present for second interview so i could not be selected.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Cape Town (South Africa)).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from the HR manager. Invited for an interview at the offices. Meet with the HR manager and two partners. Good chat. Audit related questioning. HR manager took me through the offices to meet the other staff at random. Received an offer about an hour after the interview.