Grant Thornton International Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton International Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied on campus. Invited for a first round interview on campus, and then invited for a dinner and a final round interview at the office. Questions were mostly behavioral. What would you do in an uncomfortable client situation. How do you handle stress. What are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had a conflict with a supervisor   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Irvine, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was a on-campus interview where I was asked " Name me 3 accomplishments which you are proud about, it can be a personal or professional accomplishment"? The best advise I would give would be understand yourself as much as you can, only you know yourself best.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 accomplishments that you are proud about, it could be a personal or professional accomplishment?   Answer Question

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Irvine, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Horrid. Took them nine months to get an offer out to me. Led me on as if I would start the next week the entire time. I was then laid off 5 months after starting work along with all the other new hires. Took longer to interview with than was actually employed. Will never return to this over priced poor excuse for a big 4 firm. Going back to PwC....cant believe I'm saying that.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process was average, with phone screen, 1 on 1 with several associates, managers and partners, and a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview process begins with a telephone screening asking some basic questions regarding your academic history, motives for joining the accounting profession, basic impressions of GT, and your choice and reasoning as to either tax or audit. Once approved, you are invited to the local office along with a group of other applicants. An HR representative gives you a tour of the offices and the individual interviews begin shortly thereafter. The interview process is conducted in rounds where each applicant is passed between individual managers and partners of either tax or audit. To the best of my memory, I interviewed with at least 3 individuals. At the end of the day, accepted applicants are discreetly asked to remain behind and are given a formal written offer with a tiered bonus package depending on the date of acceptance.