Grant Thornton International Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton International Tax Associate Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

As with most Accounting jobs there is a lot of network that needs to be done from the beginning. Attending the twice yearly Meet the Firms event at my college was the fist step. I met professionals from GT and kept in contact with them. After an interview for an three day Externship, I was notified that I had been offered a position in their externship program. The interview for this was very relaxed. I felt like right when I sat down with my interviewer we struck up a conversation and the next thing I knew it was over. After the externship is interviews for an internship. This is a full day process, with an office tour and three-four interviews. Once again all my interviews were very relaxed. The one thing that sold me to GT was how much I felt like they were actually trying to get to know me, and see if I would fit in with their company culture. I never understood this whole word about "Corporate culture" until I felt myself so comforted in their office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was straight out of college and not to experienced in that department, but I also felt that the packade they offered me was more than I had expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton International

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (McLean, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

I got the my first interview on campus. After a week I was invited for an office vist and interview 3-5. We had dinner the night before at a local restaurant where i got to meet most the department staff, managers, and partners. They all ptomote the GT work life balance. Over all it was a great experience, they are looking for a candidate eager to learn, with the credentials that shows the ability to do so.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am waiting to get an offer then start the salary negociations... I will update you guys on that....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

2 Managers and then a Partner interviewed me. They were all nice and friendly and asked me many of the common questions, such as regarding things I wrote in my resume, Why I chose GT, what are my qualities, tell me about yourself. Why Tax? They didnt ask anything to crazy. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. However, I didnt get an offer as of yet.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I apply through University. One week later, I got the appointment for the interview 1. I had the Dinner at the night before interview. 3 days later, I had a phone call to get the second interview. I also had a Dinner the night before interview 2; like everyone. On the day of interview 2, I met 2 people; tax manager and tax senior. The interview went nicely and easy. They went through my resume and ask simple question: - Tell me about yourself, why do I have to hire you?, How to solve the conflict with team member during the project?

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - why do I have to hire you?
      - How to solve the conflict with team member during the project?   Answer Question