Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn regarding an opening with Grant Thornton. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter that went well. I then did a phone interview with the overall program director that also went well. My third interview was with the person who I would have directly reported to. I was told that following that interview, I would be invited to meet with leadership and executives in person as well as some additional team members. After a somewhat lengthy phone interview process, I was never contacted again. After two attempts to reach the recruiter who sourced me, I gave up trying to touch base. I was really disappointed that I never received any more communication from the company letting me know why I was not selected to go any further in the process.

Interview Questions

Grant Thornton Response

Jun 12, 2017 – People & Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Grant Thornton. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We value your opinion and will use this feedback to consider... More

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In person 30 minute conversational. Was first recruited on campus at job fair. Interview was straight forward describing the job tasks and projects. Nice guy but no one got the offer and they ended up going with a grad student instead of an undergrad

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I went through on campus recruiting and was very impressed with everyone I met throughout the process. Typical interview questions for this type of job, interviewed only with higher level management

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First call was with an outside Recruiter. He was great and thought I was a strong candidate based on cultural fit as well as professional experience. The second round was another phone call, this time directly with a member of the consulting team, more culture fit and "tell us about yourself and your background" questions. The last round was an intensive 3-hour in-person process. First hour was with two Consultants who walked through my CV and probed every project and previous job. Very detailed. 2nd hour was a case study with two consultants. No prep time and the case was given orally. Needed to identify weaknesses in the P&L (they had one when I asked) and make recomendations on whether or not to drop a product line. I was then given a 2nd case study focusing on change management and workforce augmentation. The last hour was with the VP. He came off like he didn't want to be there and was annoyed I was wasting his time.

Interview Questions

• Your client is a PE Firm and they just purchased a Mom & Pop shop in CA that makes surfboards. You just got the booked and learn their operating in a deficit. What do you do?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Hostile. Uncomfortable, and made to feel as though I was a target. Didn't even want to shake my hand (germophobes?) but still, that is how the meeting started, cold and lifeless. It was a panel interview with one person on the telephone. The person on the telephone was incoherent and asked bizarre questions the rest of the panel didn't even understand. After a 1/3 into the interview, one of the members asked me about my Department of Defense security clearance. The member wanted to know how would I go about sharing classified information with other people. The answer was simple, YOU DON'T but I had a sense they were not pleased with that answer. After that point I wanted to leave as I had the impression they had other agendas at play and I did not respect that line of questioning as it was irrelevant and unnecessary consider the project was not in any way connected with the DoD. Being critical here, I am curious why they specialize in providing world class project managers to their clients that they cannot self help? One more thing, and I felt bad for the guy, the Fiance manager, the rest of the team treated him like an outcast but I thought he very nice, sincere, and professional. In fact, I thought he was the most professional out of them all, combined, yet they talked to him as if he was insignificant, inf front me. not professional.

Interview Questions

• what tools would you use as a PM   1 Answer

Senior Cyber Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first then with Director/hiring manager next. Meeting went well. Got good feedback.

After waiting for a week HR informed that the position they was thinking was not correct so they cannot bring me on until they find a slot that they can put me on a contract.

This was a waste of time since their poor planning costed me valuable time.

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview went very well. I met 5 people included one partner, 3 managers, and 1 senior associate. They didn't ask too many tax technical questions. In general, just went over my resume.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter, who asked me to send additional documentation for some of my projects. After sending the additional documents, and contacting the recruiter 3 times, I realized I was not going to receive a response. This was the most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had. Traditionally you are told that "The company will be moving in another direction". Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you r experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was mostly a half hour conversation. There were no pre-thought out questions, just followup questions based on where the conversation went. No behavioral questions or technical questions either. Just be yourself and see if you like the people interviewing you.