Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone screen first with the Recruiter to go over the position and my experience. Onsite interview and video meetings after that. Met with 4 people total, interviews around 30 minutes to 1 hour each. Recruiter was in constant contact with me letting me know what was happening every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to handle a sensitive employee relations issue and go through your process of handling it.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I had one phone interview and then was called back for my in person interview. I interviewed in person with multiple leaders at the firm and felt I had a good grasp of the company, their current needs, and the attitude of leadership. It lasted approx. 4 hours and was completed in one visit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership role you have held and what challenges you experienced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was fairly straightforward as far as accounting interviews go - phone screening, a morning interview process, complete with in-person interviews with the partners and education about the company and culture, a lunch, and an after-work social event. Keep in mind that each piece is part of the interview. Some people don't realize that and lose the job offer because of things said at the lunch or social events.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral questions, but the second interview was all about one partner's upcoming presentation. Though, I got the feeling from discussing interview questions with others, that my experience was unique there.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I interviewed at my school. There were two back to back interviews which essentially counted as round one and round two so that students don't have to go back for an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I applied for a position in the global public sector (federal) as oppose to the other positions that they had available which may not have been in the global public center.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Usual College recruiting process. Two separate 30 minute interviews on campus followed by an office visit. Office visit includes two more interviews along with a few presentations and lunch with an associate.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Met with several upper managers across different departments. about 20 minutes per interview. It was fairly quick and easier than most other interviews i went on. Each manager didn't seem too knowledgable about what i w as being hired for, only 1 out of the 4.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why GT, what did you do in your old job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very concerned about getting through my entire resume and did not focus on anyone area for very long. Was not asked any technical questions and mainly discussed my past experiences.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with the manager that I was to work with, talked about what I would be doing and if I was interested. Reviewed resume and relevant skills, met teammates that I would be working with. Generally people easy interview.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked why I chose my college path and what I could bring to the table.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview experience with Grant Thornton was incredibly smooth. The recruiter I worked with, Mj Sharkey, was both prompt and kept me fully informed throughout the process. She helped me to feel confident about my progress during the interview cycle.

The format of the interview was as follows: phone screen (recruiter), phone screen (manager), phone screen (senior manager), and in-person interview (senior manager). I enjoyed everyone who I spoke with and was blown away by the openness and willingness of the Grant Thornton team to provide their personal contact information should I have any follow-up questions, comments, or concerns.

The interview process moved quickly, and an offer was given the same day as my final interview. I couldn't be happier to be joining the Grant Thornton team!

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background, why I was interested in the role/the firm, and why I was willing to transition from my current role. In addition, I was asked technical questions to address potential issues a client may have.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Two 30 minute on-campus interviews followed by an office visit the following week. Questions were mostly all behavioral or about my resume. Everyone was incredibly helpful and friendly through the entire process.