Grant Thornton Intern - Hourly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Intern - Hourly Interview Questions

Interviews at Grant Thornton

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Initial phone interview consisted of casual conversation with a manager, followed by a few behavioral questions. Invited back for an office visit. More of the same, only in person. Met a partner, went to lunch with a few associates--nothing too difficult. Received my offer the following week.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

First spoke to Grant Thorton at my university accounting open house and gave them a copy of my resume. Applied through the school website and did my campus interview and was invited to an office interview. I had my first interview, then had my second interview a week later, and received an offer 4 days after. (Including weekends)

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

The office interviews consisted of an interview with 3 different partners/managers. There was also a lunch with a an associate and senior associate. The questions asked were fairly standard and the people were very kind. During the office visit, there were various sessions that told about the values of the company and how they operate.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Very welcoming. I was nervous, but I never felt intimidated by the personnel. Instead, they were straightforward, genuinely interested, and very comforting about the firm. Like most public accounting firms, they are selling themselves to you just as much as you are trying to sell yourself to them. So long as you have a good resume and can hold a conversation, you're prepared for a successful interview.

Interview Questions

• For me, the hardest questions are always those asking if I have any questions for the firm. It's hard to come up with someone unique and not something everyone asks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

Nothing behavioral just getting to know me! They were very nice and made me feel like I would fit into the team. Nothing to be scared for. Just be yourself and show that you have a great personality. This was for an auditing internship so they need people who are approachable and outgoing.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was very relaxed and incredibly conversational-like. The interviewer seemed more focused on if you can hold a professional-like conversation than actually asking confusing, scenario-type interview questions. We both went through my resume and asked various questions about past employment. Communication is key.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Various (easy) questions about your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

Set up an interview with career services at the school. You will interview with one of the partners. Tony said he looks for people that have prepared for the interview. He did not ask behavioral questions but I have heard some will. From there you will be selected for an in office interview. You will interview with two more partners, directors, or managers. This is chosen at random. Also, before each interview you will be asked to go to a dinner the night before.

Interview Questions

• The people I interviewed with did not ask any behavioral questions. They actually ask you to ask questions about the company. So have questions prepared for them. These can be anything from about the company, or about the job.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers, each for 30 minutes. They mostly asked me behavioral questions and then talked about whatever I was willing to bring up. The environment in both interviews was lax.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

You have to spend time networking events prior to the interview to get your foot in the door. One on campus interview back to back, one on one, 30 minute sessions. It was a laid back interview that was very conversational comparatively to other firms. I heard back the next day, they were very punctual.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a group setting and someone wasn't pulling their weight and address the steps you took to complete the task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process is very laid back. The interviewers are looking to see if you fit not only with the job, but with the overall culture. Relax, be honest, and smile.
    The typical interview questions are also part of the process. Know your answers to those questions, and know more than just soundbites about the company.