Grant Thornton Auditing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.6

169 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Pretty easy, mostly relational questions. I did not come across any questions that were too difficult as they understood that most applicants were right out of school. No questions were too difficult but it was fun too.

Interview Questions

• easy, mostly relational questions. I did not come across any questions that were too difficult as they understood that most applicants were right out of school.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

This was my third or fourth interview with a large accounting firm and the one I enjoyed the most. I was with a tax partner and the entire experience was very conversational. He mostly wanted to hear about my college experience and how I had decided on my unique double major.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to a firm of this size? (basically are we just a backup for Big 4)   1 Answer

Grant Thornton Response

Apr 13, 2017 – People & Culture

Awesome! It is so wonderful to hear about your positive experience at Grant Thornton. Thank you for your feedback and your enthusiasm. Looking forward to having you on our team!

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was conducted with a partner. conversational, no technical questions. lasted about 30 minutes. next round i was brought in on a office visit and interviewed 3 times by various levels throughout the say

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Met them at a career fair, then I received a phone call interview. I was then invited to an office visit in Ft. Lauderdale. It was a very laid back and enjoyable experience. It started off with a presentation about their culture and how much it means to them. They really just want people that they will like to work with. The employees seemed to be very close with each other during the whole visit.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in your college career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. Initially, the process went smooth and I received a call that I had gotten an offer. After a couple of weeks I checked up and still didn't receive it. Recently, GT asked me if I was "still interested" and I said yes and I haven't heard back and that was two weeks ago. Their public sector is ok tho lol

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I had the on-campus interview at my university. I was invited back for an interview in their local office. I was later offered the position, and I accepted the offer. It was a very straight forward process from the beginning. The recruiters kept us informed with everything that would take place.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

For the internship, I first had a 30 minute behavioral style interview on campus. Then, I had an individual office visit in Dallas where I had three interviews with partners. There were some behavioral questions for the office visit, but most of the conversations were personality fit. HR got back to me very quickly after the first round, but the office took a while to coordinate my office visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with something with a different leadership style then you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a confrontation with someone in a group. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, got the email to interview at a certain date, then at the interview, interviewer reviewed resume/transcript and asked behavioral questions. then they would email you the within the next few days to tell you if you were selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Coversational, so I can't tell how they were judging me. The second interviewer was just talking about her married life and just showing me the pictures of her wedding and telling me about her ethnicity the whole time.
    If i don't get it, whos fault is it?