Grant Thornton Auditing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Auditing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Met them at a career fair, then I received a phone call interview. I was then invited to an office visit in Ft. Lauderdale. It was a very laid back and enjoyable experience. It started off with a presentation about their culture and how much it means to them. They really just want people that they will like to work with. The employees seemed to be very close with each other during the whole visit.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in your college career?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I had the on-campus interview at my university. I was invited back for an interview in their local office. I was later offered the position, and I accepted the offer. It was a very straight forward process from the beginning. The recruiters kept us informed with everything that would take place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. Initially, the process went smooth and I received a call that I had gotten an offer. After a couple of weeks I checked up and still didn't receive it. Recently, GT asked me if I was "still interested" and I said yes and I haven't heard back and that was two weeks ago. Their public sector is ok tho lol

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

For the internship, I first had a 30 minute behavioral style interview on campus. Then, I had an individual office visit in Dallas where I had three interviews with partners. There were some behavioral questions for the office visit, but most of the conversations were personality fit. HR got back to me very quickly after the first round, but the office took a while to coordinate my office visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with something with a different leadership style then you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a confrontation with someone in a group. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, got the email to interview at a certain date, then at the interview, interviewer reviewed resume/transcript and asked behavioral questions. then they would email you the within the next few days to tell you if you were selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Coversational, so I can't tell how they were judging me. The second interviewer was just talking about her married life and just showing me the pictures of her wedding and telling me about her ethnicity the whole time.
    If i don't get it, whos fault is it?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended a Meet the Firms event in San Francisco and submitted my resume after getting face time with a recruiter and several associates. I was invited for a first interview and met with a senior manager. I was then invited to a social dinner and all-day office visit interview.
    The social dinner was a great opportunity for all candidates (interns, full-time, audit, tax) to meet entry level associates who can relate a little more to the candidates and offer their viewpoints on office culture and opportunities. The interview itself was not bad, and Grant Thornton was very welcoming and I definitely would have worked there if I had not accepted an offer elsewhere.
    My tip would be to really genuinely get to know everyone during the interview process. Don't consider it an interrogation, because it's an opportunity for you to interview the firm as much of it is vice versa.
    From what I've noticed, the interviewers genuinely want to get to know you so try building rapport with them before/during/after the interview!

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions: conflict resolution, teamwork, leadership.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Heard about the job through my college, applied through my school, submitted my resume and then had the interview on campus. Interview was easy; heard back with offer within a few weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Really chill. I'm a student and they were recruiting from my school. All of the staff I met from the company were really nice, not pretentious at all, and super diverse.We had dinner the night before the interview which was helpful because we were able to meet our interviewers but also because it allowed us to see what everyone at the company was like and if we'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Not really behavioral, more about myself and my background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX).

Interview

They were focused on personality mainly. No technical questions. As long as you don't screw up, you'll likely get an offer. They try to cater to you as an interviewee, but treat you awfully afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to overcome adversity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was 0 negotiation phase.