Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Senior Tech Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Meeting with the Tech Advisory Director at their office. I am more senior than the role requirements. This interview was to determine if there was scope to change that role to utilize my skills. Additional interviews have been arranged.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you've been doing and what you want to do.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was highly detailed and I met with 8 different managers and senior managers over the course of three in person interviews before being hired. The managers I interviewed with were excellent. They asked me questions that were targeted to understand how I think and problem solve and what type of team player I am. All the questions were very fair and I do not think anyone was trying to intentionally ask anything that would throw you off balance, just direct questions that helped them get to know you. The personal exchanges I had with the various managers during this process where also very positive. It was actually a "fun" interview process.

Interview Questions

• I can not remember any specific questions they asked me but some where scenario based.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

very short quick turnaround, not a lot of technical questions, mostly about personality and character, and how you would work and get along with other people at the company.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite brief and it was in the group interview. Need to do excel test and face to face interview. Roughly around 30 minutes per candidate. The question kind of straight forward

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Process starts with an online application followed by online tests. There is then a video interview followed by a follow up telephone call. You are then called to an assessment centre which consists of a group exercise followed by a skills based interview and a case study interview.

Interview Questions

• What two CLEARR values do you most relate to and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you showed resilience?   Answer Question
    • What is a situation in which you took ownership and what difference did this make?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you have faced unexpected change and how you responded to this   Answer Question

Vacationer Auditing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

It was very quick and efficient. It had the usual things such as online application, online assessment, video interview, assessment centre and an interview (or two depending on location and whom you had for the first one)

Interview Questions

• If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would that be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was mostly a half hour conversation. There were no pre-thought out questions, just followup questions based on where the conversation went. No behavioral questions or technical questions either. Just be yourself and see if you like the people interviewing you.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was thorough and it is clear they adhere to certain processes and interview guides. The process was timely. They seem to work to get ahead of other offers but don't pay as well as other firms.

Summer Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing via Skype, and the service crashed, so the majority was a phone interview. It was extremely conversational, so do your research about the company and be prepared to both listen and talk.

Interview Questions

• Discuss which branch of service you are interested and how you have prepared yourself for those roles.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rainham, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Rainham, London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple Internet Interview. The fact that it was in fact an interview that was recorded over webcam and you only had one opportunity to record your answer was a bit daunting. You are given time to prepare however, but i feel like you need to be ready to accept that it will not feel like your talking to someone, therefore you should use the opportunity provided to prepare adequately.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you showed Agility?   1 Answer