Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.8

230 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment day:
    This usually consists of tests that measure your numerical and inductive (sometimes called logical reasoning) or verbal reasoning skills; a written communication exercise and a group or individual exercise. This may sound a lot, but don't worry - the centre is designed to be as interesting and enjoyable as possible, giving you the chance to demonstrate your best qualities and find out as much about life at PwC as you can.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that I was not questioned on the Tech risk division.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Group interview in English but some questions in French. Got fierce in debates and stuff. Staff was nice but French is definitely required for this position regardless of what they say.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Online application, Online Tests, Video Interview, Assessment Centre. Staff were very encouraging and friendly. Competency based interviews, which also focused on commercial awareness. Also got to talk to the current graduates, which helped us find out more about the company and the working life.

Graduate Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2017.

Interview

First Round:
    1.Group Interview : Self introduction first , group interview was using cantanoese, 25 mins for 7 people
    2.Written test (30 mins for 500 words , basiclly looking for the English level

Interview Questions

• Self Introduction :need to prepare in English and mandarin   Answer Question

Chef De Projet Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2017.

Interview

J'ai répondu à une annonce à la suite de laquelle une personne des ressources humaines m'a contacte tres rapidement. Premier entretien de qualification RH dans la semaine qui a suivi, plutot positif de part est d'autre. J'ai été séduit par la présentation de l'entreprise qui correspondait à l'idée que je m'en été faite. Passage à la seconde étape avec un entretien avec le responsable hiérarchique. L'entretien a été planifié un mois plus tard et repoussé à deux reprises. Ce deuxième entretien m'a laissé une très désagréable impression. Beaucoup de question en terme de méthodologie et d'organisation. Au cours de l'entretien, le manager précise que le poste a été rouvert car la personne embauchée précédemment n'avait pas convenu. A la suite duquel je n'ai plus eu du tout de nouvelles.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Makati City (Philippines)) in August 2017.

Interview

I'm was contacted by the HR and scheduled an interview. First is an initial interview from the HR then a situational and technical exam. After that I was interviewed by the Senior Developer, the good thing about it you get a chance to know what are my incorrect answers and they explain it. They also let you explain and defend your answer. It was a great experience all in all. The next day, I received a phone call regarding the final interview.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

An office visit to the company. The staff talked to the whole group invited from my school. They talked about their company culture and working environment. They showed us around.

Interview Questions

• What will your last meal be?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for a marketing position that required several more years of experience that I didn't have but I thought it would be worth a shot to apply anyways. The recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen interview and invited me to a 1.5 hour on-site interview at the very end of the phone call. I had a pleasant discussion with 2 people - the hiring manager and 1 was someone I would work with. Hiring manager mentioned that there would be a 2nd on-site if I was selected to move forward. Recruiter said she would follow-up after the interview and never did.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR. The beginning of the conversation went well when discussing my background and experience but once we discussed salary requirements the conversation was cut short. I had mentioned to HR that the salary was low compared to the market average for this type of position and she ended the conversation there. I did not even get a chance to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you face certain challenges coming into a new position?   Answer Question

Growth Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It took over four months to reach the conclusion that I wasn't suitable because they wanted specific previous board experiences - If this was the case perhaps best ask upfront read the CV?

Telephone Interview x2, then
    Face 2 Face, then
    Telephone Interview x1

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have of working at board level?   1 Answer