Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, it was a digital interview so the questions were pre recorded but they were competency based so not too difficult to prepare for. I found it uncomfortable to speak in the digital interview which was my downfall

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you faced and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Audit Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2016.

Interview

After completing the online application I was invited a few days later to take an online interview. Make sure you have questions prepared as you only have one chance to record your answers.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

digital interview,got three questions, limited time, a little bit difficult.These three questions are similar to some questions online, but they are not same. Preparation is not useful.Before interview, people can practice several times.

Interview Questions

• the most unusual things you did? (can't remember details)   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I interviewed at my school. There were two back to back interviews which essentially counted as round one and round two so that students don't have to go back for an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I applied for a position in the global public sector (federal) as oppose to the other positions that they had available which may not have been in the global public center.   Answer Question

Audit Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2016.

Interview

Got through to the digital interview, was a bit weird just talking to myself as this was the first I had done. Question came up on screen, had 2 mins to prep then 2 mins to record a answer. 1 10 minute writing element which I didnt expect. Found out a few days I had been unsuccessful, I thought it had gone ok. 2 weeks later got a feedback call from them, said my interview was good just stronger candidates and wanted more detail on examples. however I felt like I couldn't add more detail with the 2 minute limit in case of getting cut of mid speaking. Before the digital interview they made it clear that they do follow up calls if they want more detail, so getting that the only feedback they could give me was i needed more detail confused me a bit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used your initiative in a situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Standard online application, few questions about why GT? why audit? And about their CLEARR core principles. Then a pre recorded video interview, mainly competency based question. When have you shown: initiative? ownership? leadership? There were 6 questions in total, including 1 written essay question. You are given 2 mins to prepare for each question and then 2mins to record your response, other than the written one where you receive 10mins to answer. After this you then have to do a few tests, judgment test, followed by a numerical and verbal test

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very concerned about getting through my entire resume and did not focus on anyone area for very long. Was not asked any technical questions and mainly discussed my past experiences.

Summer Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was on-campus-interview. The interview was pretty relaxed and informal. They mostly asked me about personal acheivement and readership experience. They also shared their experience as a tax associate. Even though I was not invited second round interview, it was great time to talk with people who are working for the path that I am looking forward.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose tax rather than audit?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with an online application, with a series of questions which were aligned with their behavioral capabilities, fairly straight forward process. Then a digital interview, which involved recording yourself and answering questions within a specific time frame. This also included a written answer to one of the questions, overall took about 20 minutes. Did not progress after this stage.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2016.

Interview

The video interview was fairly easy. just make sure that you have enough time to answer. the time length varies among questions so make sure you see that. have direct eye contact and they get back to you pretty quick. All the best guys! hope you all ace it! i only remember some of the questions and they are mentioned below. Let me know if you have any questions

Interview Questions

• Q1. Why GT?
      Q2. What is your understanding of the role?
      Q3. Tell me about yourself