Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.7

613 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Pretty easy, mostly relational questions. I did not come across any questions that were too difficult as they understood that most applicants were right out of school. No questions were too difficult but it was fun too.

Interview Questions

• easy, mostly relational questions. I did not come across any questions that were too difficult as they understood that most applicants were right out of school.   1 Answer

Tax Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was long due to the unavailability of interviewers. Overall experience of the interview was positive. Interesting insight was provided into the work environment, specifics of the position and details of job responsibilities. Interviewers happily shared their reasons to consider the company and their experiences of acclimatization.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult situation I had to overcome?   1 Answer

Summer Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (University Park, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college career services center and the Grant Thornton website. Completed two different interviews which lasted 30 minutes each. The first interview was with an associate, it was basically talking about my resume and talking about myself. The second interview was with a partner, it contain more behavioral questions about your resume.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR. The beginning of the conversation went well when discussing my background and experience but once we discussed salary requirements the conversation was cut short. I had mentioned to HR that the salary was low compared to the market average for this type of position and she ended the conversation there. I did not even get a chance to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you face certain challenges coming into a new position?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

One 45 minute interview. The interviewer made me feel very welcome and the interview itself was pretty enjoyable. After the interview someone in HR contacted me with in two days. Overall a certainly was a good interview experience. It didn't drag on for several weeks, or consist of several interviews, which is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton over the other big accounting firms?   1 Answer

Growth Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It took over four months to reach the conclusion that I wasn't suitable because they wanted specific previous board experiences - If this was the case perhaps best ask upfront read the CV?

Telephone Interview x2, then
    Face 2 Face, then
    Telephone Interview x1

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have of working at board level?   1 Answer

Senior Tech Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Meeting with the Tech Advisory Director at their office. I am more senior than the role requirements. This interview was to determine if there was scope to change that role to utilize my skills. Additional interviews have been arranged.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you've been doing and what you want to do.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was highly detailed and I met with 8 different managers and senior managers over the course of three in person interviews before being hired. The managers I interviewed with were excellent. They asked me questions that were targeted to understand how I think and problem solve and what type of team player I am. All the questions were very fair and I do not think anyone was trying to intentionally ask anything that would throw you off balance, just direct questions that helped them get to know you. The personal exchanges I had with the various managers during this process where also very positive. It was actually a "fun" interview process.

Interview Questions

• I can not remember any specific questions they asked me but some where scenario based.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

very short quick turnaround, not a lot of technical questions, mostly about personality and character, and how you would work and get along with other people at the company.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite brief and it was in the group interview. Need to do excel test and face to face interview. Roughly around 30 minutes per candidate. The question kind of straight forward